Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window MMOG

Options
  • 02-12-2004 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

being out of the loop for quite some time, i'd like to get back into playing a MMOG. is there any decent window MMOG available atm? what i mean by window is a game where you can alt + tab, do something else on the pc while also playing the game. perfect example would be eve online. i used to browse the net, type out emails, watch tv and iron my shirt at the same time while i was playing it. being locked out of the pc for such a long time by a full screen MMOG is a bit frightening especially when you get addicted. lay it on me.

-adnans

ps. any gossip about Eve Online 2?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

world of warcraft is easy to alt-tab. Its also very casual gamer friendly. I suggest you give the european open beta a go and see what its like for yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

ps. any gossip about Eve Online 2?

I doubt CCP have even thought about that yet. :D

But you will find that exodus is released now and the game never looked better. Plus there is heaps of new features, too many to talk about here just head over to www.eve-i.com for the latest info.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Memnoch wrote:
    world of warcraft is easy to alt-tab. Its also very casual gamer friendly. I suggest you give the european open beta a go and see what its like for yourself!
    Can you get into the WoW beta without preordering first?
    I'd like to give it a try, but dont fancy having to order it first. Kinda defeats the purpose.

When I try to register an account for the beta it just asks me for an "authentication key".

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Ivan wrote:
    Can you get into the WoW beta without preordering first?
    I'd like to give it a try, but dont fancy having to order it first. Kinda defeats the purpose.
    signups for the beta were months ago and the only way to get into the beta atm is to pre-order and buy a copy of EU WoW in which you will recieve the authentication key.

-adnans

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

you can set most games to windowed mode i know EQ2 and city of heroes can be windowed as thats how i use them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

not really helping. not addictive doesnt come in the same sentence as evercrack one two or any future version. another example: sometimes in eve online, i needed to travel a long way whether it was to find a decent asteroid field or just to trade goods, and for this you needed to travel a long distance which you could auto navigate, alt + tab, do something other than play the game only to come back 10 minutes later at your destination ready to play again with a fresh cup of coffee. gimme some mo.

-adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

do something other than play the game only to come back 10 minutes later at your destination ready to play again with a fresh cup of coffee.
    In WoW, you can go afk when you're crafting items, you can queue as many identical items as you like as long as you have the necessary ingredients and space in your inventory. Also when you're travelling between cities/settlements by griffin you can safely go make a coffee and be at your destination when you come back.

Advertisement