Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happens next? Raw Spoilers

• 02-12-2004 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Well, What will happen next week? Will HHH be in the title picture? He was not afterall, involved in the 'decision'.

Hold in mind, Jericho is GM next week. What kind of match will he organise? Surely he wont put HHH in a match for the title. One thing is for sure, is that he will involve himself.

Heres hoping for a 3-way ladder match for the title, with Y2J himself, Benoit and Edge, with Jericho victrious!

:):):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

that was without doubt thewrost, suckiest ending i've ever seen to a raw main event. I mean WTF? Is it any wonder why WWE is losing fans? when they give their audience shíte like that? i hadn't watched wrestling in a while, and following last nights performance, i don't think i will again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm getting sick of Triple Threats main eventing RAW's and PPV's
    Vince Russo is alive and well and booking for WWE again :)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Some are never happy. If HHH always wins, people are complaining that there isnt enough surprises. Now, he has lost the belt, and there is good competition as to who will take it over.

Wheres the problem there?

Perhaps the only bad thing about the ending is that it just left the audience totally confused, as it wasnt that clear that there was a tap and a count at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Could'nt agree more Gimmick, anything but Helmsley is ok with me, although how long he's without the belt is the thing, would'nt be suprised if he got it back next week.

Interesting to see how it develops , especially with Y2J coming into the mix next week.

A mini tournament would be good, or a six pack challenge with Edge, Benoit, HHH, Jericho , Orton and Batista.

D-FENS wrote:
    A mini tournament would be good, or a six pack challenge with Edge, Benoit, HHH, Jericho , Orton and Batista.

Remember the days when there were just 1 on 1 matches for the title? None of this gimmick match BS?

Lets compare.

Bret Vs Shawn iron man = ratings
    HHH VS Rock iron man = ratings
    Nash Vs Bret at Survivor Series and Royal Rumble 95 = ratings

now.

Kennel from Hell gimmick match in 99 = cow dung
    HITC Michaels Vs HHH = snorefest
    Four man elimination match for title at THE BIGGEST F**KING CARD OF THE YEAR IN 2000 = just plain woeful.

Mneh, call me old fashioned but title matches should be decided 1v1, no triple threat crap, no battle royals. It was contested at a Royal Rumble once when Flair got it and should remain the total amounts otherwise it takes away from that moment.
    VR!

• Advertisement

Sometimes 1 on 1 is definitely best, sometimes i like to see more than two involved to mix it up a bit and keep it interesting.

On this occasion, as there looks to be a few guys hovering around the title picture, i think a tournament or fourway or sixway would be best

D-FENS wrote:
    Sometimes 1 on 1 is definitely best, sometimes i like to see more than two involved to mix it up a bit and keep it interesting.

On this occasion, as there looks to be a few guys hovering around the title picture, i think a tournament or fourway or sixway would be best

I'd go for tournament. I used to like them until they started televising KOTR on an annual basis, it got to the point where the tournament no longer had meaning, especially when they booked Mr (dumb) Ass to win it in 99.

Four or Six ways have no business in a title picture, as Wrestlemania 2000 and Unforgiven 99 proved.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I'd love for a tournament, forwhatever the next raw only ppv is. Should last at least three rounds at the PPV. Not like the last couple of kotr's where they only had the semis and the final.

Now that i think of it, HHH losing the title makes perfect sense. Heres the scaenario:

1. The stipulation where Randy cannot face him during his reign is now null and void.

2. Jericho wins the belt next week, retains at New Years Revoulotion with a clean victory over HHH, only to lose it at the Rumble to Trips, with the obvious evolotion interference (setting Jericho up for a new feud with Flair).

3. Randy wins the Rumble.

Hey Presto, there you have your WM21 main event.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

lads just watch TNA its better :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

TNA?.. Where Nash and Hall are invading a promotion..again? No thanks.

I actually think that Triple H will get the title back. Although I don't see how.. But if there were to be a title match next week, surely Orton would be in it too?

They could always do what Chyna and Jericho did with the IC title, and have a co-World champion :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just watched Raw last night and here's what I see happening:

Due to the fact that there was no conclusive outcome to the match,Triple H retains his title.However he will have to defend his title in a fatal four way match invovling Benoit,Edge and Y2J.Triple H will retain the title pinning Benoit which will reignite Edge's feud with Benoit as he will blame Benoit for costing him his dream of being World Champion.
    Meanwhile expect Orton to win the Rumble giving him a loophole to face Triple H for the title at WM21.

I find it hard to believe that Triple H has lost his title.We shall see.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

One possible outcome is that Triple H is declared to have lost the title, but then he wins it back, meaning Orton could challenge for it again. Because I really don't see Orton winning the Rumble. I know the winner is usually pretty obvious, but..never this obvious..

Fozzy wrote:
    I really don't see Orton winning the Rumble. I know the winner is usually pretty obvious, but..never this obvious..

Brock Lesnar in 2003 anyone?

gimmick wrote:
    Brock Lesnar in 2003 anyone?

or Austin '98,

Cena might be in a shout but i'd say we're talking RKO aright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

D-FENS wrote:
    or Austin '98,

Cena might be in a shout but i'd say we're talking RKO aright

I was just thinking about Summerslam when Orton and Cena had a little confrontation and it seemed like the WWE were teasing a match further down the line.
    Now if Orton does win the Rumble and he's forbidden to face Triple H due to that stipualtion,we could see a situation similar to what happened with Benoit last year with Cena jumping to Smackdown and facing the WWE champion at Wrestlemania.Who knows by then Cena could have the belt and could face off against Orton in the main event?
    It's not very likely but it is a possibility. :D

I was just thinking about Summerslam when Orton and Cena had a little confrontation and it seemed like the WWE were teasing a match further down the line.
    Now if Orton does win the Rumble and he's forbidden to face Triple H due to that stipualtion,we could see a situation similar to what happened with Benoit last year with Cena jumping to Smackdown and facing the WWE champion at Wrestlemania.Who knows by then Cena could have the belt and could face off against Orton in the main event?
    It's not very likely but it is a possibility. :D

It's an interesting idea , but i think HHH has had his mind set on him and Randy at mania for about a year now and if anyone's going to crash that party , it will be Benoit, Edge or maybe even Batista.
    Besides, that stipulation keeping Orton out of the title picture won't last forever , he's not the first to get stung with a no-rematch clause that's wiped clean further down the line.
    I think Cena could definitely be in the SM title match at Mania , but him and Orton still have plenty of fish to fry on their respective shows , so i can't see them facing each other anytime in the next year or so , it would be too soon, they'd be starting a possibly great feud between two young stars that would be stale six moths later.

Advertisement