Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading festival

Options
  • 17-04-2001 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

anyone know much about this?
    theres usually very good bands playing and now that glasto(****e festival) has been cancelled, it might be very good this year.

Durty auld Morris drums... they're fu*kin' great!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING READING

....sorry what?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was supposed to go last year with a big load of mates, but I couldn't get the cash together frown.gif

However, after hearing all the tales of debauchery and merriment (not to mention seeing one of RATM's last ever performances with Zak), I've decided that I'm not gonna miss it this year!

Anyone know if the rumours of Korn and Metallica as headliners are true?

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

apparently metallica are rumoured almost every year but i live in hope smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gimp, apparently

only confirmed acts so far r ash (bah), greenday (yeah!), and qotsa (YEAAH!). for headliners id bet marlyn manson, manic street preachers and limp bizkit, maybe metallica

I saw on the telly that they're trying to get Eminem, but they need to get permission from the courts to let him out of the country eek.gif

If this is the case, I'm not sure I'm gonna go...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Advertisement

america can keep eminem as far as i'm concerned

but picture a nightmare scenario....:

U2 are confirmed for slane, tickets go on sale and are sold out in a flash, while REAL music fans lose out, which is what happened when we all wanted to see the chyili peppers in slane

mad.gifarrrrgh!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gimp, apparently:
    for headliners id bet marlyn manson, </font>

he is confirmed, methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what sort of books will they be reading?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by boddah:
    america can keep eminem as far as i'm concerned

</font>

boddah's animosity towards eminem is due to the fact that he looks EXACTLY like marshall mathars (minus the bleached blonde hair)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by --Kaiser--:
    boddah's animosity towards eminem is due to the fact that he looks EXACTLY like marshall mathars (minus the bleached blonde hair)

</font>
    shaddap smartáss

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    what sort of books will they be reading?</font>

you too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Brummers

There's a rumour that reading is gonna be cancelled in the summer because of the on-going foot and mouth crisis.

If you wanna go to a festival instead, best bet is to go to V2001, wicked line-up to:

- Foo Fighters
    - Coldplay
    - Red hot chili peppers

To name a few....

In a dark dark place, in a dark dark house, in a dark dark room, in a dark dark cupboard, in a dark dark shelf.

apparently that isn't so

local authorities etc. have said festivals will go ahead regardless

anyway got my ticket now so it better be on biggrin.gif

Hehehe, so did I, got a friend to buy him and i only have to repay him in monopoly money ( + the metal top-hat) biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

The Dynamo Festival in Holland (June) has just been cancelled due to the Foot & Mouth crisis. Expect others to follow suite.

re: Foot and Mouth
    Given the British attitude to the disease, I don't think anything's going to be cancelled.

re: V2001
    Looks class

re: Slane
    I got my tickets.... (not stirring the excrement, but they were available for 2 days before hand on the U2 webby)

re: Manson
    CLASS!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

[url="http://http:clanhitk.warfactory.com"][honey i] violated [the kids][/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Brummers

Yea, but even still i reckon the line-up is better for V2001 than Reading, cos Marilyn Manson is playing. That means Goth's - Goth's mean me being sick smile.gif.

In a dark dark place, in a dark dark house, in a dark dark room, in a dark dark cupboard, in a dark dark shelf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gimp, apparently

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by --Kaiser--:
    Hehehe, so did I, got a friend to buy him and i only have to repay him in monopoly money ( + the metal top-hat) biggrin.gif</font>

how about, you pay me in monopoly money, and i get to shag you really hard up the árse?

[This message has been edited by gimp, apparently (edited 03-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Not meaning to **** on your parade or anything, but the German Wacken Open Air festival ****es on EVERYTHING! Heheh...no ****!

www.wacken-open-air.de

Go there and experience *real* music with people who can seriously play their instruments! Not only that, but at Christmas they had about 5 of my favourite bands confirmed and now there is about 15 of my favourite bands playing, including Motorhead, Helloween, Saxon, Primal Fear, Hammerfall, Annihilator, Grave Digger...ahhhhh.

Best festival in the world methinks!

Advertisement