Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

whats the deal with slow flowing petrol pumps

Options
  • 03-12-2004 3:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

It's really annoying me more and more, almost every 2nd garage I go to, it takes me ages to get 20 euro into the car, do they not want our money ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Ha ha! I thought it was just the way I was doing it =)

Sometimes it takes ages for the counter to clear on the display and get the petrol flowing as well!!

Some ones are way faster than others too!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Dont be afraid to tell the person behind the counter about it,sometimes they dont even know it and will have them serviced or repaired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

it's a real pain in the fúckin arse tbh.. i'm just lucky i never put in more than a tenner at a time....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

If it's going slowly. Stop. Give it about 8-10 seconds and start again, usually it's when it hasn't been used in a while and for some reason pressure drop. This should get it back again and have your tank full in no time.

Also on petrol Esso at blakes cross lists unleaded at 99.9 on the big sign at the front of the fore-court, but at the pumps is a little sign saying 125c a litre. I got stung there recently 13.75 for 11 litres.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

1.25c a litre!!!
    and they had it advertised as 99.9?
    thats false advertisement mate,lawsuit:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

sue them for millions..... MILLIONS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

yeah millions of gallons of unleaded

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Also on petrol Esso at blakes cross lists unleaded at 99.9 on the big sign at the front of the fore-court, but at the pumps is a little sign saying 125c a litre.
    The pump you used was probably dispensing super unleaded. It has a higher octane rating and is dearer.

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

BrianD3 wrote:
    The pump you used was probably dispensing super unleaded. It has a higher octane rating and is dearer.

The pump and super and regular, I used the regular as I always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

On the subject of pumps. You know what really annoys me? The way thay have taken away the wee widget that allowed you to let go of the pump while it kept it depressed. A pity.

Mr p

(accidental edit sorry, mike!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That's a safety issue - if it fell out they don't want it to keep spraying fuel all over the forecourt. (Some idiots don't put the nozzle into the tank properly)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

MrPudding wrote:
    On the subject of pumps. You know what really annoys me? The way thay have taken away the wee widget that allowed you to let go of the pump while it kept it depressed

Yeah hate that! It takes a loooooonnnng time to get the 80 liters into my tank :(

And Mike, stop bloody editing people's posts :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

unkel wrote:
    Yeah hate that! It takes a loooooonnnng time to get the 80 liters into my tank :(

And Mike, stop bloody editing people's posts :p

I nearly did it again! :eek: I think they slowed the pumping rate down cos with the high price and the eurocent value (ie worthless) its amount can spin round too fast and you end up putting in say €20.15c rather than 20 flat. The widget no doubt went on safety grounds as said above.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

mike65 wrote:
    I nearly did it again! :eek: I think they slowed the pumping rate down cos with the high price and the eurocent value (ie worthless) its amount can spin round too fast and you end up putting in say €20.15c rather than 20 flat. The widget no doubt went on safety grounds as said above.

Can't say I've ever understood the people who always put a fixed amount of fuel in, say €20 worth. Why not just fill it up every time? And if you go just over, what's the problem with fishing out 15 cent out of your pocket?

Anyway, on the subject of the widget, the last time I was in Germany they still had them enabled, and if there really was a safety issue there, I'm sure that the Germans, if anyone, would have done something about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

MrPudding wrote:
    On the subject of pumps. You know what really annoys me? The way thay have taken away the wee widget that allowed you to let go of the pump while it kept it depressed. A pity.

Mr p

(accidental edit sorry, mike!)

We still the "wee widget" here in Nenagh at all the petrol stations :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.stupidvideos.com/?VideoID=760 :eek: :eek: :eek:

One guess why that happened!

Mike.

Advertisement