Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roses, quality street, mini heros or celebrations?

• 03-12-2004 5:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Who's gonna win the christmas showdown?

What's the nicest box of sweets? 20 votes

Roses
    0% 0 votes
    Quality Street
    80% 16 votes
    Minature Heros
    20% 4 votes
    Celebrations
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

roses.. cos it's just a part of Irish history at this stage!!!! :D and even though u don't particularly like em.. you'll eat every single last one.. without fail!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Have to go with Roses too, I just love the purple ones and the hazelnut swirls.

mmmmm the purple ones with the nut in the middle mmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

i dont like them at all...quality street are an under rated sweet!

the penny thingies are nice.. the toffee ones that are flattened.. or the pencil ones covered in choccie .. in gold wrappers mm they're nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Quality Street are the Yellow Pack of chocolate assortments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Roses kick Quality Streets ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Give me a box of celebrations anyday! YUMMMMMMMM!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

celebrate good time come on!!! errr celebrations!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Roses have to win hands down.. Oh, i can't wait to open the big tin of Roses on Xmas say!

PS, only came across the "chocolate forum" today & i'm quite impressed. Chocolate & Me are best friends!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Roses have this in the bag (or box/tin). :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Roses used to be delicious but then they got worse and worse with every revision. Roses used to be wayyy nicer than Quality Street but now Quality Street are the far superior sweets.

I think Milk Tray are the nicest of the lot btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Ok I really have to step in here for the boys down at quality street...I was once on the roses bandwagon but by God QS have added a couple of tasty treats to this years delectable christmas box. (I hope one of those boys sees this and sends me a couple of free boxes..). Seriously though...roses have messed with the once winning formula once too often...I mean taking out the bournville...and they took out the strawberry once until recently when maybe public demand dragged them back.

P.S. I spent a couple of years in Coolock when i was in college and had to walk to college between the cadbury's factory and the tayto one...oh the sweet aroma. The only thing i miss about the place mind you

Advertisement