Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poxy all-nightedness

Options
  • 03-12-2004 6:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

I'm getting too old for this..
    Sucky wankbag lab reports.. The worst thing is I'm not even nearly finished.. gotta catch a bus in 2 hours.

Yis do realise if I'm at this beers thing I'm going to be a total psycho (me+caffeine overdose+no sleep+beer = complete and utter rambling nutter). I ask kindly, if you are meeting me for the first time, please don't take it as the real me..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

you're really filling me with confidence about js apex..way to go promoting physics :rolleyes:
    sure im sure you deserve to go a little bit crazy after all youre hard work (lab reports at 5 in the morning, yikes!) :D
    btw thinking of nights out, was chatting to your friend yannick (dat how you spell it?!) at the class party the other night..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Yis do realise if I'm at this beers thing I'm going to be a total psycho (me+caffeine overdose+no sleep+beer = complete and utter rambling nutter). I ask kindly, if you are meeting me for the first time, please don't take it as the real me..
    Sounds similar enough to the other times i've met ya :p
    you're really filling me with confidence about js apex..way to go promoting physics
    js is just super-fun :eek:

Speaking of allnightedness, was in till half 6 nite before last myself :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Ah no BC js is grand.. it's much more interesting and total hours a week incl labs is only 17. Practically an orts subject (bar all the difficulty and usefulness).
    Yannick, yeah french name. What day was this class party on?

Good god so tired.. Gonna get me some of that buzz "cant believe its not redbull but twice the amount for the same price" stuff..
    Argh more lab to go to now.. me getting drinkies on tonite..

ApeXaviour wrote:
    What day was this class party on?
    wednesday..

ooh 17hrs, me cant wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

havent pulled an all nighter since the LC days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I never pulled all-nighters, I resorted to my tried-and-tested stratagem of hiding under a pile of coats.

Chick wrote:
    havent pulled an all nighter since the LC days
    you pulled one in the LC days? but the LC was easy!?

Ah sky.. it's great to look back on things and think they were easy. In fairness the leaving cert was HARD. All that Irish and french and english and jive.. man it was sooo muuuch!

EDIT: hmm.. beeen awake for nigh on 39 hours now. Had about 5 cups of coffee, 3 cups of tea, 6 cans of bavaria and a curry. I think I'm ready for bed. Gonna get me some melatonin..

Not to forget poxy chemistry, the subject that nearly made me cry (of boredom & frustration). and props to me, I did my LC English exam without having slept for 28 (or so) hours! (I went to bed early but didn't get ANY sleep). And managed to get an A1 as well!! JAMMY!
    Yis do realise if I'm at this beers thing I'm going to be a total psycho (me+caffeine overdose+no sleep+beer = complete and utter rambling nutter).

Ahahahahaha, you just brought back a memory I had forgotten (repressed!?)..I once went about 32 hours without sleep, and was running on pure caffeine and sugar (this was about 2 years ago). I was out with my aunts and uncles in a restaurant, and I was talking waffle so fast and acting so...excitably manic that the manager actually asked me to leave, as people were afraid of me!! They thought I was psychotic or something, and I guess I had a big knife in my hand at the time...

anyways, enough of my random stories. I just drank some ephedra drink about an hour ago, I figure that's why I'm rambling again.

Chemistry was piss easy, tho i got shafted in the exam, stupid bastards gave me an A2, ****ers

As for those irish/english things, i did pass dude, twas a larf...as for german, i dropped that in 6th yr :D

LC phy/chem/maths/app. math is yer only man....

• Advertisement

Pet wrote:
    anyways, enough of my random stories. I just drank some ephedra drink about an hour ago, I figure that's why I'm rambling again.
    Ephedra is illegal now in the EU. Keep your druggy rantin for the druggy-rantins board! And make sure not to take an MAO inhibitor or you will probably die..

Oh it wasn't for the "kick", trust me (unless you call sweating and a racing heart fun). It was for the stimulant effect, I was exhausted.

I always need a stim when i'm going to type on boards?!

nononononono, pssh dear. I had music-y stuff to do (finish some songs, tune guitars, set up amps and stuff) for tomorrow morning. ;)

sure sure u big druggie

'tain't a drug, it's a stimulant. safer than caffeine too. :)

only reason it was banned was because stupid fat people latched onto it as another fad weightloss solution.

http://www.ephedra.nu/ for more info.

Sure sure, all propaganda if u ask me, lets just bring in speed as legal, sure it was only made illegal cause of the weight loss type people :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:
    I did my LC English exam without having slept for 28 (or so) hours! (I went to bed early but didn't get ANY sleep). And managed to get an A1 as well!! JAMMY!

Something similar happened to me, I wasn't awake for long but I was really sick during the leaving cert (turned out to be a salt deficiency!) and I left paper 2 after 45 minutes, none of the poets I studied came up and I felt like I was going to die. I got an A2 :D

Pet wrote:
    I did my LC English exam without having slept for 28 (or so) hours! (I went to bed early but didn't get ANY sleep). And managed to get an A1 as well!! JAMMY!
    John2 wrote:
    and I left paper 2 after 45 minutes, none of the poets I studied came up and I felt like I was going to die. I got an A2
    and you guys are doing sciency stuff now??! (i got an A aswell but man did i have to cram..)

yeah i got an A2, in pass :p some of us are proper crap at english :D

• Advertisement

All that times on pooters Mr. Lynx

hehe

did anyone get anything below an A or a B in theire LC's here?:eek:

and it was hard!! I don't care what anyone else says :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Chick wrote:
    did anyone get anything below an A or a B in theire LC's here?:eek:

and it was hard!! I don't care what anyone else says :mad:

I got two D3s. Damn languages! The leaving cert is hard enough because you have so many subjects and most people don't like half of them. Its very hard motivating yourself to study something you don't like. Lol its hard enough to study something you do like.

true yeah. at least you're half assed to make an effort if you're any way mildly interested.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

B1 Pass Irish would have been my lowest...but yeah, if you're looking for ABAB's (anything but A's n B's), I got C's in Economics & French. Woo!

Doesn't matter anymore anyways. You can get 500 A1s for all anyone cares, college exams are a different jug of salmon.

who has jugs of salmon....?

and you guys are doing sciency stuff now??! (i got an A aswell but man did i have to cram..)
    yeah my English teacher threw a fit when I told her I was doing science. I'm thinking about dropping out actually, for various reasons. Maybe applying for a different course (probs still in TCD though) in 2005..
    did anyone get anything below an A or a B in theire LC's here?

Poxy C1 in maths. :rolleyes: Oh and an OB in Irish.

"I'm thinking about dropping out actually, for various reasons."

Just to let you know Pet, the deadlines for changing courses (between faculties!) is the first week or two in January. You should talk to your tutor before thinking about dropping out, and/or education officer, convenor etc. Don't mean to be melodramatic about this, but I changed course back in first year. Was thinking about dropping out, like others did in my course, but I went into engineering instead.

If you need any more info, drop me a pm...

• Advertisement

Pet wrote:
    I'm thinking about dropping out actually, for various reasons. Maybe applying for a different course (probs still in TCD though) in 2005..
    hrm be careful....one of my friends dropped out last year, and reapplied to a different course in trin....but the points went up and, well he's in galway now! not that he doesnt like it or anything but just a little warning :D
    actually ace_rimmer's idea bout tranferring course is a good one, definitely safer option..ah sure at the end of the day its your decision, whatever ye think is best :)

Advertisement