Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poxy all-nightedness

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

You'll save yourself paying half the fees if you change by january, which is another thing to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

aye, if you transfer at least you know what you can and can't get into - if you drop out and reapply you could get royally assraped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

stay stay stay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Listen to ace. Don't do something you don't want too, save yourself 5 grand and transfer now if you can.. Talk to your tutor and go to a college guidance counsellor to make sure you're making the decision you really want.

Taken from:http://www.tcd.ie/Careers/students/advice_for_JF.php
    Thinking of changing your Course?
    If you think that you have chosen the wrong course for any reason see your tutor. You may change to a new course within the first few weeks if:

You have the points
    You have the necessary subject and level of achievement requirements
    AND if there is a vacant place.
    The Careers Advisory Service may be able to help you identify your options. Make an appointment to meet with your Careers Adviser. We suggest that you evaluate your interests by completing one of the guidance software packages - generally Pathfinder is recommended as a starting point, for Junior Freshmen

If you are thinking of leaving TCD and going elsewhere you may need to go back to your school guidance counsellor.

If you leave your course before the end of January you may save half of next years fees, if you return to full-time further education next year.
    Don't worry about missing course material.. JF, handy to pick up in the two remaining terms.

EDIT: I know someone who transferred from bess to sci (maths, phys chem) in jan of my JF.. She's not one of those mad geniuses or anythin but she still didn't have much of a prob keepin up at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Thanks for the advice everyone. It's nothing to do with my course or the college actually - purely personal reasons. If I reapply next year it would probably still be to science in TCD. I'm gonna talk to my tutor tomorrow, have a good long chat, see what he says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Just taken a year out then basically is what you wanna do then? Das kewl... Pretty sure if you defer from now, you only gotta pay half ur fees next yr. Good luck with that btw..

Yeah the way they do it is the cut-off for getting half fees free is the end of january. We all have to re-register then anyways, to show that we're in college, so if you do decide to drop out it'll mean you only pay half.

I transferred in after missing an entire term btw!

But hey, best of luck with what you decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Ace_Rimmer wrote:
    I transferred in after missing an entire term btw!
    but ur a big nerd Dónal (notice the fada).

Thanks Ian!

Advertisement