Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mp3s, Mp3z, and yes more Mp3s...

Options
  • 06-05-2001 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Im plan to do some hardcore downloading of music next week via a collge zip drive, i want yer favourite sites that have supplied you with your tunes which u have never had any problems wiv.

And for good measure throw in three good songs that you think i should have, biggrin.gif ta

Aka: Dragon,Sexual Harassment Panda, SCUMM.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

can you not just use napster there?
    that would probberly be your best bet
    even though it has filtering...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i've successfully graduated to the ugly world of winmx, where filters and the words "Transfer Error" are a thing of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

www.oth.net
    you get more ftp sites with ratios there these days
    www.gnute.com
    pretty good.

a problem with mp3 sites is that if you dont like what is popular you're bang out of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">a problem with mp3 sites is that if you dont like what is popular you're bang out of luck</font>

Which is why you go down to these cool things called "record shops" and buy "CDs", then you can rip them to your hard disc (Audiograbber with LAME-ENC at VBR 3-5, if you please) and listen to them at your convenience. I know it's all a bit radical and complex, but technology can be like that sometimes, eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

"CDS" cost money!

I want the chance to sample music at my convenience,and according to my every whim smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

The filtering on napster has gotten to be a total pain in the nut sack,its very hard to get exactly what you want(asin at the right bit rate etc) and is just generally awkward.
    aswell as that I was trying to get "tonight tonight" by the smashing pumpkins at a rate of 96 kps (for me mp3 player) and the only result i could get was one which was only 2/3 of the proper length,several people had it,basically all from the same flawed source.
    This won't do,I can't miss Jimy Chamberlains drum finale!!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

[yossarin: tight lipped and not going to be drawn into the mp3 debate]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bugler:
    "CDS" cost money!
    </font>
    So do things like cars and computers. But nobody goes into their local BMW dealer and drives away a new car just 'cos it's more convienient than getting a job and earning the money to purchase it in the first place.
    Yeah i agree that most record companies are the spawn of the devil and that it's the bands fault for signing with them in the first place, but you could at least try and justify your theft on moral grounds rather than saying you want instant gratification. People wanted instant burgers 40 years ago and now we have BSE and foot and mouth disease on a masive level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Skorzeny

www.musiccity.com is very good.
    download Morphes there for all ure audio/movie needs smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Sorry,

This is a music board, not an mp3 search engine, it's for music discussion, as opposed to how you go about aquiring your music.

Besides, I'm sick to death of the mp3 'debate'.

Luc

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement