Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interesting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

60 mins !

Imagine how long it would have taken if they hadn't "flown" across the roundabout at the M50. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hagar wrote:
    60 mins !
    By foot. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Zaph0d

Sorry for being thick but what's wrong with this route? Is there no crossing at that M50 junction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

I think the bigger problem is that the map leaves him on the N4 at Liffey Valley, further from Clondalkin station than he started.

Map edited to show the two stations.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote:
    Map edited to show the two stations.

Oh no it isn't

Cheat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I think that the Journey Planner (which is generally very useful) has the wrong location for Clondalkin station - it thinks it's near Liffey Valley SC.

Cherry Orchard/Park West station is on Cherry Orchard Avenue, D10.
    http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/your_station.asp?letter=C&action=showdetail&station_id=35
    This is identified as "Clondalkin Railway Station" on Journey Planner (see Cherry_Orchard_stn.jpg attachment).

Clondalkin station is (supposedly) on North Lock Road, D22.
    http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/your_station.asp?letter=C&action=showdetail&station_id=38
    I can't find this road on my maps, nor can Journey Planner. If you pan left/west from Cherry Orchard station you will find it. See other attachment.

So, it seems like a mistake in the Journey Planner (and on IrishRail.ie, wrt addres of Clondalkin station).

If you go from Cherry Orchard to Clondalkin Industrial Estate it is very close to the desired destination.

Distance/time info:
    To: Clondalkin Industrial Estate, Clondalkin, Dublin
    Distance: 5.22 km
    Time: 62 minutes

Occidental wrote:
    Oh no it isn't Cheat
    Yes it is.

daymobrew wrote:
    North Lock Road
    Ninth Lock Road - the continuation of Cloverhill Road / Station Road towards Clondalkin.

Victor wrote:
    Ninth Lock Road - the continuation of Cloverhill Road / Station Road towards Clondalkin.

Where you'll find the 9th lock on the Grand Canal and the building site that used to be the Lough & Quay.

Nice dots BTW

• Advertisement

I've emailed DTO about the mysterious Clondalkin Station location and Irish Rail about the North/Ninth typo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Zaph0d

LocationAgent (the mapping product from Mapflow used by MyHome.ie) has the stations confused.

I contacted Mapflow and they have fixed the location of Clondalkin train station.
    They manage and host the DTO Journey Planner site. The underlying graphics (that display 'Clondalkin train station' for both stations) will be fixed at a later date.

Advertisement