Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 shortage, where can I get one...

Options
  • 25-11-2004 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy one of these in Dublin or Wicklow??

My girlfriends parents told her sister that they'd get her one for xmas - just been into Dixons and Smyths in Liffey and they are both sold out! Rang a few Smyths stores around Dublin and they all seem to be sold out =(

Anyone know any shops that have any in stock??

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Try Gamestop or order online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Wow, 4 years old and still selling out.
    I queued for 4 hours the day it came out, to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Rabies wrote:
    Try Gamestop or order online.

Is there are Gamestop shop anywhere in the country? Did a Google on it and it just came up with the US website.

I went into Game in Liffey Valley but they had non either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Jervis street yesterday and they had a load of them behind the counter.
    Unless they were just empty boxes?

There's a Gamestop in Henry Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Play.com.

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote:
    Jervis street yesterday and they had a load of them behind the counter.
    Unless they were just empty boxes?

There's a Gamestop in Henry Street.

Just rang the Jervis Street Smyths - they only have 2 of the older models left - they said they 'might' be getting some of the slim-line models in next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

We are sold out in Dawson st Game and we dont know if we will have them back in before christmas and if we do it wont be a lot. sure i was in the day we got the delivery of them. f*ckin hell my back was sore we got about 250 conosles and sold out last week. i never thought we would sell out of all of them. madness!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Blisterman wrote:
    I queued for 4 hours the day it came out, to get it.

For what? So you could play tekken tag tournament. I'm sorry I have to laugh at all the fools who bought a PS2 on release. There was nothing decent on it until GTA3 and Devil May Cry almost a full year later.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    We are sold out in Dawson st Game and we dont know if we will have them back in before christmas and if we do it wont be a lot.

Sure let me know if you get any in or hear about anywhere else getting them in.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If you put down a deposit with one of the branches of GAME if the PS2 comes back into stock there'll be one held. A lot of places are starting to run deposit schemes for the PS2.

• Advertisement

If you put down a deposit with one of the branches of GAME if the PS2 comes back into stock there'll be one held. A lot of places are starting to run deposit schemes for the PS2.

Really? Im heading over to Liffey Valley for lunch today - will pop into GAME over there and ask them - thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Play.com.
    ...won't deliver to Irish Republic. Amazon do, but there's a delivery surcharge. Local Xrtravisions seem to have a good stock of the new slimlines so maybe try there? Also my local PC World (Dundalk) had plenty last w/e.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

evad_lhorg wrote:
    We are sold out in Dawson st Game and we dont know if we will have them back in before christmas and if we do it wont be a lot. sure i was in the day we got the delivery of them. f*ckin hell my back was sore we got about 250 conosles and sold out last week. i never thought we would sell out of all of them. madness!

What can I say, SCE Ireland are good at what they do. There's a reason Ireland holds the second top percentage per head, only being beaten by Japan.

Ok there's no point hiding it any more I'm using them all to build a super computer.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

As above try "Xrtravisions", or Argus, a G3 store, or a toy shop (or do toy shops only stock them down here in the bog?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    For what? So you could play tekken tag tournament. I'm sorry I have to laugh at all the fools who bought a PS2 on release. There was nothing decent on it until GTA3 and Devil May Cry almost a full year later.
    Well yeah, that and also we wanted it for christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I've rang so many Xtravisions over the last week about getting a PS2 with San Andreas for €190 that I've lost count. No-where seems to have them. It's seriously frustrating me now. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I work in golden discs and we sold out about 2 days ago. We were told we would get more in before xmas........but we dont believe that. The suppliers dont have any to give any of the shops at the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I would have to agree. I mainly got one for Crash Bandicoot and MGS2. But now I have a whole stack of great PS2 games since I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i saw quite a few ps2's behind the counter in smyths, dublin (mary street).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

S-u-c-c-e-s-s!

Picked the last one up today in Game in Dawson Street. It might well have been Electronics Boutique, but I couldn't care less.

Got GTA:San Andreas aswell.
    Goodbye world! :D

• Advertisement

Hey guys!

Great news!! After lots and lots of phone calls I managed to get one in Xtravision on Thomas Street, they have a good few in stock as well - not sure how long they'll last tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

A mate of mine is trying to get hold of a new PS2 and everywhere he has tried appears to be sold out. Any ideas who still has stock?
    Thanks in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Tesco in clare hall have a few left as of when i was there yesterday, might be worth a shot, everywhere else ive been are sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Think i saw some in Xtravision Rathmines the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

someone else mentioned Argos, give them a call to see if they have any stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Ends up he is going to Spain this weekend so is gonna pick one up over there. Anyone got one from abroad, what does he need. Probably a new power lead anyhow, but anyone with any experience??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭ED-209

I just sold my new one on Ebay this evening for €246 .

Call me gready !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Can i ask how ther's a shortage of Ps2 this christmas? Is ti ebcause of the new PS2 slim version? Can't see why people who already have a Ps2 buying this one as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

There should be planty of them around before christmas. This shortage has happened before especially when the playatation was replaced by the PSOne. Sony haven't told the disties in Ireland when the next shipment is due but word sould be around early next week. Don't panic still 3 weeks to go and this is normal for Sony !!.

Edit: Shortage applies to UK also atm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 steeo

There is no Xtravision on Thomas Street ???

The nearest 1 is in Inchicore

Advertisement