Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 shortage, where can I get one...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

well it's still about 3-4 years till ps3! so why not to buy ps2?

sony announced the cell processor just to pressure intel in announcing xbox2 in 2005/6

ps3 is due out it in 200 let's say 6, that is in japan, in europe about 2007 before any good game comes out on it 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Cathey wrote:
    got the ps2 about half one in HMV in swords today. it was the second last one left! Its a present for my boyfriend, got the memory card and another controller aswell. only thing is now i have to buy a game cos i want him to have somthing to play when he gets it chrimbo day. Would any of you have any recommendations of good games to buy?i havent a clue and the shops are so busy these days its hard to get someone to talk to. He is very into soccer.

Thanks

PS: smyths havent got any of there PS2 in ...my friend works there, they are getting them in 2moro. also they keep there fone of the hook for most of the day just in case ur wonderin why its always engaged. called into swords today and the lady said 2moro morning first thing they will be seeling them.

wow your boyfriend is a lucky guy to have someone like you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cathey

CyberGhost wrote:
    wow your boyfriend is a lucky guy to have someone like you!

I know yeah im crazy!!

got the games anyway....got GTA-San Andreas and also got pro evolution soccer 4...got them in argos for 49.99!!!read thru a few of the posts on this site and they seemed to be the better ones!!fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Buy a proper console with a proper live gaming environment and superior technology.....buy Xbox!

Xbox is on track to sell out the week before Christmas by the way!

.............and thats due to popularity not a ship getting stuck in the Suez Canal!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

More like due to the shortage of PS2's then anything else.
    Mate went looking last night and this was his report.

XTRAVISION in the SQ had them but only for people who booked them
    HMV sold out
    Argos none
    Game 220 delivered and all sold out
    Dixons none
    Smyths SQ delivery tomorrow but they said they will only have 50 so
    "get in the a Q early!"
    Xtravision Thomas Street trying to get them from China!
    Sony in Ballsbridge got 3 and have 15 people on a waiting list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

Talking to Gamestop - none till after Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

they had them in smyths in the talafornia this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Was in town at lunchtime.
    Smyth's in near Jervis had loads of them at 1pm but one of the assistants thought they would be gone by 6pm.

Good offers they had were
    PS2 + 5X10 Euro off vouchers for 159.99.
    PS2+ 50 money off vouchers, extra controller and 3 games (from the 2 for 50 range) for 199.99.
    PS2 + new game for 189.99

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

CyberGhost wrote:
    well it's still about 3-4 years till ps3! so why not to buy ps2?

sony announced the cell processor just to pressure intel in announcing xbox2 in 2005/6

ps3 is due out it in 200 let's say 6, that is in japan, in europe about 2007 before any good game comes out on it 2008

First of all, i never said the PS2 wasnt a good console (i own one)

Just pointing out that last year the ps2 didnt have this problem. I know several people who are gettin the slimline ps2, even though they already own a perfectly good working ps2.

Second, Microsoft make the xbox, not intel (they make the chips, and have nothing to do with xbox2, IBM are making the chips for the xbox2 and the Playstation3, possibly Nintendo Revolution aswell, in other words buy IBM stock!)

Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo will announce the consoles next year, most probably at E3 games expo. All 3 of them, within one weekend! If you thought the DS Vs PSP was bad, this is gonna be terrible!

This would imply it will be out at around christmas 2005 or early 2006. before 2006 is out it would be out everywhere.

Of course, i will probably be proved wrong :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

PoolDude wrote:
    Buy a proper console with a proper live gaming environment and superior technology.....buy Xbox!

Xbox is on track to sell out the week before Christmas by the way!

.............and thats due to popularity not a ship getting stuck in the Suez Canal!!!

> Looks at all format Ireland Chart for this week
    > Notes lack of Xbox games, compared to, hmm... PS2 games

Oh and before you say a lot are multi-format games...

> Notes high percentage [80% +] of multi-format games that are sold as PS2 games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Does anyone know if there is still a shortage of PS2's !?
    If not where can i get one !?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've a dodgy one at home delboy. It turns on but doesn't play anything. But I'm sure you wouldn't mind now would you Guv'na.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

monument wrote:
    > Looks at all format Ireland Chart for this week
    > Notes lack of Xbox games, compared to, hmm... PS2 games

Oh and before you say a lot are multi-format games...

> Notes high percentage [80% +] of multi-format games that are sold as PS2 games

That just means there's more PS2 owners out there which is understandable as it's out longer, it doesn't mean it's better.

(Shamelessly stolen from eurogamer forums)

Microsoft, (on hearing the news that sony are flying in PStwo's on russian cargo planes)

Not wanting to be shown up, Microsoft are doing the same with the xbox.

in the past week they've managed to air lift 3 entire xboxes into the country!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Jip wrote:
    That just means there's more PS2 owners out there which is understandable as it's out longer, it doesn't mean it's better.

Did I say anything about it being “better”, or not?

I was purely responding to the comment about the mystery of the yet-to-come shortage of Xbox apparently due to a so-called “popularity” - which is also a bit of a mystery.

I wasn’t replying to the fanboy/marketing line “Buy a proper console with a proper live gaming environment and superior technology.....buy Xbox!”, apologies for quoting that sick nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

20 just got delievered to PC world in waterford...

if ye are still looking

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Also Game in Tallaght have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Gamestop in Kilkenny have some as well, big sign in the window saying they're first come first served - no deposits taken etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Game in Blanchardstown seem to have them in stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Peteee wrote:
    Second, Microsoft make the xbox, not intel (they make the chips, and have nothing to do with xbox2, IBM are making the chips for the xbox2 and the Playstation3, possibly Nintendo Revolution aswell, in other words buy IBM stock!)

The nintendo revolution wont be using IBM, it'll be using a G4/G5 processor, probably a g4 to lower the price.

• Advertisement

IBM make the G4 and G5 processors

http://www.apple.com/g5processor/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

was just down in symths in bray and they had a big sign saying PS2's now back in stock

i ain't reading the other two pages but just incase someone has left santa shopping too late

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We had somebody in buying a PS2 at 5.30, if that's not leaving it a bit late then I don't know what is!

Advertisement