Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost [Contains spoilers]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Another great Lost reference / in-joke that went un-noticed.. by me anyways:
    Jorge Garcias (Hurley) made a memorable appearance in comedy 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' as a drug dealer.

Hence, the line: "I have no idea why the police would mistake you for a drug dealer."

Maybe not that intentional though! And yet another numbers theory:
    Apparently, messing around with the numbers (4-8-15-16-23-42) on a map as a latitude of 4 degrees 8 minutes and a longitude of 151 degrees and 6 minutes gives you a spot near the Caroline Islands just north of Australia.

Possible island location? Maybe not..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My brother started watching the series from the start last night, and one thing I noticed from episode 1 was
    Jack told Hurley to move Claire and keep an eye on her contractions. He moved her just under the wing of the plane, which, 20 seconds later collapsed. Really goes to show how fantastic the writers and planners of this show were - the curse was there in episode 1, but obviously no-one knew about it then.

Great stuff.
    Who knows what else would show up during repeat viewings?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

This weeks episode probably gave the most insight into the island than any other so far. It may have asked more questions than it answered but at least we have a better understanding of what went on.

The reference to the numbers is abviously the main story line in the episode but if we follow the story from back to front it maybe easier to explain.

For some reason a group of people on the Island built a radio tower. At some stage thay used the communication aspects of the tower to send out a repeated message containing the numbers. This was about 16 years ago. Lenny and his mate (forget his name but husband to theone living in the middle of nowhere) are stationed on some navel outpost and hear the numbers over and over again - the spooky nature of this leads them to belive the numbers have a widersignificance. At the same time Rousseau and her party also hear the transmission and go to the island to investigate. They get shipwreked and eventually the rest of the party die (unknown reason) and she changes the transmission to her voice.

Lenny's friend then uses the numbers to guess the number of beans or something and wins a prize - then bad luck happens all around him but no to him. Eventually kills himself. Lenny then becomes senile probably due to his bekief that the numbers are to blame. He meets Hurley in the hospital and as Lenny continually repeats the numbers Hurley decides to use them in the Lottery - wins and then bad luck for people around him but good luck for him - lottery win, fire in Canada but leads to more money for him, stocks doing well but people falling out of windows etc. Again believes the numbers are to blame.

Crash happens.

Hurley sees papers with the numbers and meets Rousseau and convinces her that the numbers are cursed. Numbers are engraved on the buried structure Locke found.

It seems to me that whoever built the radio tower owned the buried structure - probably with the call sign of the numbers. The initial distress call may have just included the numbers for identification. The facts hard to believe include the coincidences with those who use the numbers and Hurley landing on the island from which the numbers originated. I think everything else can be explained.

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Hurly seems to be one of the characters where there is clearly alot more we have to learn about him. Why was he in the asylum? What were the terrible things that he had to make up for to his family?
    Agree the reasons for his being in the asylum are interesting further backstory, and presumably not connected to the numbers issue or the lottery win either. Whatever his put his family through must also be connected to this. I agree he's not 100% Hispanic-looking, but he's also not far off. I'm not sure if the adopted thing is right.
    Oh, and wasn't that craddle what Locke was working on in Claire's nightmare?

Seems not, but it's hardly a coincidence that Locke was in her dream with the cradle, and now he's made this for her. I figured out what it was when she thought it was a trap - how dense is she?! In the final scene, she still didn't know and all you had to do was turn your head slightly sidewards!

re: Spanish comic
    It's apparently called Green Lantern/Flash: Faster Friends Part I

And its story is definitely relevant according to JJ Abrams in an Entertainment Weekly article recently.

Going to buy myself a copy of that comic on eBay - there's a few on offer. Cool prop duplicate from the show if nothing else.

TmB wrote:
    My brother started watching the series from the start last night, and one thing I noticed from episode 1 was
    Jack told Hurley to move Claire and keep an eye on her contractions. He moved her just under the wing of the plane, which, 20 seconds later collapsed. Really goes to show how fantastic the writers and planners of this show were - the curse was there in episode 1, but obviously no-one knew about it then.
    This is good stuff, but you could also argue that despite bringing on the bad luck, Hurley himself was never in any danger. It seems to me that throughout "Numbers" Hurley put himself in danger and was not harmed (he crossed the bridge, jumped out of the way of the spiked log and was not injured by Rosseau's shooting.) It's almost like he was tempting fate, knowing he wouldn't get hurt. I'd love to think that the writers planned this all along. I certainly hope so. Writers often don't plan to nearly this degree, so it's all the more impressive if something like this was suggested from the start. (Of course, as much bad luck as he's had - food issues, constipation, stepping on the sea urchin, the chaos with Ethan in the camp, he's also had quite a bit of good - finding golf clubs, friendships, even actually surviving the crash...)

Did we just learn of his real name, Hugo, last night, by the way? I have this nagging feeling he revealed that earlier, when he was doing the census in ep 10.

Hyzepher wrote:
    It seems to me that whoever built the radio tower owned the buried structure - probably with the call sign of the numbers. The initial distress call may have just included the numbers for identification. The facts hard to believe include the coincidences with those who use the numbers and Hurley landing on the island from which the numbers originated. I think everything else can be explained.
    You could argue that it is the connection with the island and the bunker which makes the numbers cursed, not the numbers themselves. (Although the producers say the show can work from any perspective, so sceptics will just have to buy the coincidence explanation for now on the 'luck' issue.)

Also, we know know for sure what is at the Black Rock (spoken of in several episodes, and in Rosseau's radio message, though Shannon didn't translate that part) - it's the transmitter site. Definitely going to be an episode based around going to the Black Rock, maybe at season's end.

doh.ie wrote:
    Did we just learn of his real name, Hugo, last night, by the way? I have this nagging feeling he revealed that earlier, when he was doing the census in ep 10.
    Yeah, your nagging feeling would be correct.
    He revealed in the episode with the census to Jack that nobody really knows each other. And said something along the lines of: "my name isn't Hurley.. it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname i have. Why?... i'm not telling!"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hmm,
    It's probably not that accurate to refer to the numbers as a curse, as they bring an equal amount of good and bad luck - win the lottery, lose your grandad, lose a factory, gain insurance money, have part of a plane nearly fall on you, regain your legs... Or more accurately, one person suffers for another's gain - Hurley, Sam, Locke (Walt?) all win something from the numbers while those around them lose.
    Anyone any good at backgammon and know a way of using these numbers to plan the momement of the pieces? Or to describe cancer-cell formations? :D

TmB wrote:

Great stuff.
    Who knows what else would show up during repeat viewings?
    Very true as i started re-watching the series from the beginning with my girlfriend and i noticed a load of things i didn't notice first time round.

Can't recall any of them right now though i remember one or two of them were in Walkabout.

• Advertisement

It's probably not that accurate to refer to the numbers as a curse, as they bring an equal amount of good and bad luck - win the lottery, lose your grandad, lose a factory, gain insurance money, have part of a plane nearly fall on you, regain your legs...
    This is almost certainly how the numbers work, and fits in with established Lost theories of black and white, good and evil, and the 'balance' of the universe. But shouldn't these incidents only affect Hurley (directly, or indirectly) - the guy falling out the window seemed to me to be the only one which wasn't directly affecting him, unless that was a guy who worked on his accounts!

just thought of something
    in relation to Hurley's genealogy. I think he is adopted, and that's why he stopped using his Hispanic name. I also think Locke was adopted, as was Sawyer and so was Claire's baby meant to be. Walt is the odd one out of those who gain from the numbers so far

Here's a turn up for the books. I was just kicking myself for burning the tapes my cousin sent leaving me with nothing to watch for 6 weeks when guess what's starting its run on Dutch TV tonight? :D

Here's a turn up for the books. I was just kicking myself for burning the tapes my cousin sent leaving me with nothing to watch for 6 weeks when guess what's starting its run on Dutch TV tonight? :D
    Yeah, i heard it was airing in the Netherlands a week or two back here: http://lost-media.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=496

Wonder when Network 2 will get their act together and start airing it here.

Strange to see it for the first time in full-screen. A couple of minor things came up on re-viewing it, such as
    Kate having met Charlie somewhere before. He explained it away as her recognising him from Driveshaft, but the way she answers "You were in Driveshaft?" as opposed to "Oh yeah, of course, Driveshaft" makes this seem unlikely

You've all got to see these. I defy you not to laugh out loud, at Part I in particular. Was only a matter of time until someone did this...!

http://www.lost-mm.com/video/madtv1.wmv

and

[url] http://www.lost-mm.com/video/madtv2.wmv [/url]

• Advertisement

Yeah, saw a clip of these sketches a while back but never saw the whole thing.

Cheers for the link, doh.

You playing the numbers in tomorrow's Lotto? :D

Well, i played the number's (see attachment) in the Lotto regardless
    of any curse that would befall me having won
    but afraid just one number came up.

Anyone else play 'em?

And as thought, a couple of American's thought they had a fair chance too. Read here! And that was just in Michigan.. imagine how many played the numbers in the whole of the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

basquille wrote:
    Well, i played the number's (see attachment) in the Lotto regardless
    of any curse that would befall me having won
    but afraid just one number came up.

Anyone else play 'em?

And as thought, a couple of American's thought they had a fair chance too. Read here! And that was just in Michigan.. imagine how many played the numbers in the whole of the US.

lol,im not surprised! except Im too paranoid to actually do it! yes it is stupid and really stupid all over again but I cant help it! :p

doh.ie wrote:
    You've all got to see these. I defy you not to laugh out loud, at Part I in particular. Was only a matter of time until someone did this...!

http://www.lost-mm.com/video/madtv1.wmv

and

[url] http://www.lost-mm.com/video/madtv2.wmv [/url]

haha,slapping shannon around the place! hilarious! lol she is really hot though,her and kate should do some slappin :D

tvnutz wrote:
    haha,slapping shannon around the place! hilarious! lol she is really hot though,her and kate should do some slappin :D

Loved their versions of Sun, Claire and Locke (throwing daggers at everything that moved!). Claire: "Croik-ey, let's run!"

Also liked their Shannon "Oh, yeah, and she whines a lot..."/"Quit your bitchin'!"

Plus, "Here comes a slacker and an Iraq-er..." Hilarious.

Basquile - did the numbers. Damn it! But I think I'll include them every time I do it (usually don't bother, but anytime it's over that magical €1.56m...!) Love the Michigan article - too funny. Would have been hilarious if they'd come up though. They'd "only" have gotten $50,000 each and would've been so pissed off.

Nutz - I can't believe you're paranoid enough not to try it!!! (But then I'm the guy who walks under ladders *on purpose*!)

All good for a laugh, though. And I'd take a run of bad luck along with a few million any day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

okay...
    I thought the whole bean thing was a bit silly... There were 4,815,162,342 beans in a jar? What the hell? And the sideshow guy actually admited it was the correct amount, surely he could just say no and they wouldn't be any wiser.

Oh and the guy who plays Hurly name is Jorge Garcia, I think I read that his mother is Chilean and his father is Cuban. So I guess he is hispanic.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I thought the whole bean thing was a bit silly... There were 4,815,162,342 beans in a jar? What the hell? And the sideshow guy actually admited it was the correct amount, surely he could just say no and they wouldn't be any wiser.
    Agreed!
    I couldn't fathom it either - it didn't make sense. Unless you had to manipulate those numbers somehow? But surely Aussie bird would've said so.
    I guess the sideshow guy was so shocked that he admitted it was right? Hmm...

Anyone seen any articles saying how many people in all states played those numbers over the last week?

ixoy wrote:
    Agreed!
    I couldn't fathom it either - it didn't make sense. Unless you had to manipulate those numbers somehow? But surely Aussie bird would've said so.
    I guess the sideshow guy was so shocked that he admitted it was right? Hmm...

Anyone seen any articles saying how many people in all states played those numbers over the last week?

Yeah.
    I mean at what point in his life did the sideshow guy count out almost 5 billion beans into a jar?

I agree this is very weak. 4.8 billion beans?! Ridiculous. I'm hesitant to figure out the average dimension of a bean and see how large a container would be needed to hold 4.8 billion, but you can be sure it would be *very* big.

And as monkeyfudge says, why didn't the guy running it just say, "No, that's close, but not right..." to avoid having to give away the $50,000 prize. Was he THAT honest?!

Not to mention the bloody ridiculous concept, as you say, of having the guy count 'em all. I mean, this can be figured out... Even not taking into account that as he got higher, it would take longer to count ("Four billion, eight hundred and fifteen million, one hundred and sixty-two thousand, three hundred and forty-two") takes five seconds), I reckon the entire jar took 152 YEARS to count (much less fill), and that assuming a count/placing in jar or one bean per second.

I reckon the Aussie lady left out some element of the story (assuming the writers didn't botch royally), so that the numbers - 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 - became something else to help guess the total (the sum of the numbers isn't enough - 108 - cos surely someone would've guessed that, but maybe something else... Their product is 7 million odd, which still a very high number to be guessing/counting...)

It's a bit of a flaw though.

maybe he had 6 jars of beans and you had to guess the correct number in each one to win. 4 and 8 are nice easy ones to get you hooked in... Although did she say that you could guess to within 10 beans of the actual answer?

dear lord, her accent was terrible. It was some horrible British/American/Irish/Australian frankenstien monster accent...

Do you think he maybe based on the size of the jars he split the numbers into groups along the sequence? So he knew it wasn't 48 or 1516, but might've been 2342? That's a pretty lame explanation, but on the info they gave us in the episode, it's something that cannot be explained the normal (4.8bn) way.

I suppose it's possible that Lenny's friend did not tell his wife the true mechanism of how the bean jar thing worked, or over time she just forgot and the "guess within 10 beans" thing isn't fully accurate...

doh.ie wrote:
    Do you think he maybe based on the size of the jars he split the numbers into groups along the sequence? So he knew it wasn't 48 or 1516, but might've been 2342? That's a pretty lame explanation, but on the info they gave us in the episode, it's something that cannot be explained the normal (4.8bn) way.

I suppose it's possible that Lenny's friend did not tell his wife the true mechanism of how the bean jar thing worked, or over time she just forgot and the "guess within 10 beans" thing isn't fully accurate...

It's possible she was just a rambling lunatic, and the beans story, along with her accent, is not meant to make sense. That's what I'm telling myself, otherwise that whole lousy scene just tarnishes my view of the makers too much :D

It's possible she was just a rambling lunatic, and the beans story, along with her accent, is not meant to make sense. That's what I'm telling myself, otherwise that whole lousy scene just tarnishes my view of the makers too much :D

Methinks the reason the husband killed himself had nothing to do with bloody numbers... Can you imagine having to listen to that accent 24-7 in the middle of nowhere?

doh.ie wrote:
    Loved their versions of Sun, Claire and Locke (throwing daggers at everything that moved!). Claire: "Croik-ey, let's run!"

Also liked their Shannon "Oh, yeah, and she whines a lot..."/"Quit your bitchin'!"

Plus, "Here comes a slacker and an Iraq-er..." Hilarious.

Basquile - did the numbers. Damn it! But I think I'll include them every time I do it (usually don't bother, but anytime it's over that magical €1.56m...!) Love the Michigan article - too funny. Would have been hilarious if they'd come up though. They'd "only" have gotten $50,000 each and would've been so pissed off.

Nutz - I can't believe you're paranoid enough not to try it!!! (But then I'm the guy who walks under ladders *on purpose*!)

All good for a laugh, though. And I'd take a run of bad luck along with a few million any day!

lol,i know its stupid,i dont actualy do the lotto though so... :rolleyes:

Yep.. it's what we've all been waiting for!!

dvd.gif

SWEET!!!!!!!!

Rumored to be among the extras - Buena Vista hasn't made a final list available yet - are the following:

* The original pilot
    * Behind-the-scenes footage of the making of the show
    * Audio commentaries
    * Blooper reel
    * Roundtable discussions with cast and crew
    * A Matthew Fox photography featurette
    * Deleted scenes
    * Casting tapes
    * New, original "mini-movie" that reveals why the plane crashed

And not at a bad price either! Works out at (including shipping of $6.98):

48.97 USD = 36.4634 EUR

Definantly pre-ordering mine, along with this!

• Advertisement

Being able to watch it with 5.1 Surround sound is what I'm really looking forward to. You'll really feel like the polar bears are there in your living room....

basquille wrote:
    Definantly pre-ordering mine, along with this!

Same here on both. Can't wait. The extras on Lost look like the best set in a long time. Beware, though - I bought Carnivale last year, only to find just recently that the R2 set now has an extra Extra (not that the R1 one had that many to begin with...) I'd be mad if I bought this Lost in September and found out a couple of months later that the R2 version had several additional extra features. (As it stands, I have to borrow a friend's R2 Carnivale to "obtain" the extra I'm missing! Gah!)

What's the essential difference betwen having this on DVD and having it on tapes from cousins in America? I can't say I notice any difference in general.

Cos it's *better*. It will have credits, no US graphics, it will be in 5.1. It will have extras. It will have nice packaging. And cos I want to show my support for the show and convince 'em to keep making it. (Or so I justified $70 for Carnivale...) The Divx copies are grand and all, but DVD will still be way superior in picture and sound terms. And it always irks me that the US chop end credits off to show promos. Which reminds me, I wonder if this DVD release will carry the cool Lost TV Spots, or the stuff from abc.com's broadband section...

Would be cool if they'd include funky stuff in the packaging sleeve, like a ticket for Oceanic airlines flight 815, or that kind of thing.

Long story short, it's different cos it's the same stuff, but better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

They've already announced the DVD? Christ! When is this coming to Ireland. I'm sick of waiting for it. Curse my lack of broadband. If you're looking to buy this (and what looks pratically every show of the last 10 years) then I would say playusa.com is your best bet, it's play.com's site for region 1 dvds. the prices are great..

They've already announced the DVD? Christ! When is this coming to Ireland. I'm sick of waiting for it. Curse my lack of broadband. If you're looking to buy this (and what looks pratically every show of the last 10 years) then I would say playusa.com is your best bet, it's play.com's site for region 1 dvds. the prices are great..
    Not too sure if PlayUSA will be cheaper for it as Amazon seem to be beating them hands-down for the Scrubs DVD.

And besides, Amazon has scraped almost $20 off the RRP for the DVD. Great value!

YOU NEED TO SEE THIS SERIES.. buy it on DVD. Don't wait for E4 / RTE to trawl through all 24 episodes.. believe me, by episode 4 (Walkabout), you'll be hooked! And i think everyone here could vouch for me with that!

UPDATE ON NEW EPISODES:

According to ABC, episode 1x20 "Do No Harm" will air on April 6th, so that leaves March 30th to be the airdate for ep 1x19 "Deux Ex Machina".

So.. a new episode a fortnight from Wednesday.

basquille wrote:
    UPDATE ON NEW EPISODES:

According to ABC, episode 1x20 "Do No Harm" will air on April 6th, so that leaves March 30th to be the airdate for ep 1x19 "Deux Ex Machina".

So.. a new episode a fortnight from Wednesday.

Yeah, saw this. ABC must have realised a six-week gap - which is what they originally planned - could potentially dent ratings when the show returned. There's then a further two-week gap to ep 21 on April 20th, and they'll plan to hold off the finale until 'sweeps', putting that along with most other show's finales around May 10th-15th.

"Do No Harm", from its title, sounds like a Jack episode, but it'd be a bit unlikely to give on character THREE episodes when some other characters haven't been serviced nearly as much, wouldn't it?

doh.ie wrote:
    "Do No Harm", from its title, sounds like a Jack episode, but it'd be a bit unlikely to give on character THREE episodes when some other characters haven't been serviced nearly as much, wouldn't it?
    You'd be right.. in saying it's a Jack centric episode!

According to brillant ol' Wikipedia ..

The airdates and characters involved in each episode (up as far as episode 22) are:
    19 Deux Ex Machina - Locke - March 30
    20 Do No Harm - Jack - April 6
    21 The Greater Good - Sayid - April 20
    22 Born to Run - Kate - April 27
    I love Wikipedia... best site on the Internet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

I haven't got a multi region dvd player unfortunately though at times I wish I did. As far as I know E4 are starting this in July but I was hoping RTE would show it a bit sooner. *Sigh*

As far as I know E4 are starting this in July but I was hoping RTE would show it a bit sooner.
    Yeah.. i heard E4 would be starting it late Summer.

The 1st season will be long over by then in the US... in fact, the second will be almost starting when E4 get round to showing it. I don't even think RTE have the rights to it.. i think someone mentioned in a post a while back on this thread that they e-mailed or rang RTE and RTE said they never has the rights to it.

Aha.. found it!
    tvnutz wrote:
    A friend of mine e-mailed RTE and they said they didnt even have the rights to Lost,which I found amazingly stupid!..

I know i e-mailed RTE a month or two back about it.. and they never got back to me! F**kers!

Anyways.. don't even bother waiting for E4 to get through the 24 episodes. Watch the first couple on E4 and then order the boxset if you like it (which you will!).. you can buy a multi-region DVD player for about €50 to €60.

i have a multi region player already and ive seen every ep so far,its well worth the buy,if i order it now i could probably get it for 35euro,but i have little cash! :P but its not out until september so i should get a job over the summer and be able to afford it.

According to AintItCoolNews.com (http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19637):
    The Hollywood reporter just posted its story on the Museum of Television & Radio's Saturday "Lost" event, and one of the few new things revealed? The series finale will combine 1.23 and a 90-minute 1.24 to take up 2.5 hours of one May Wednesday night.

Due to the long wait before the next episode I have started to go back and watch the older episodes again. last night I watched the first two.

The one thing that struck me was the way the airplane broke up - first the tail went, then to front section (including cockpit), and then the middle part ended up on the beach.

They found the cockpit but there were many references to the tail which must of crashed further into the jungle. it was obvious that the plane broke up while crossing the island not across open sea as I had first thought - the cockpit was futher into the jungle than the main fuselage(sp?).

In one of Jack's flashbacks - just before the crash - he was talking to Rose and comforting her regarding air travel. She may reference to her husband - who was in the back at the loo - inthe tail as it broke up. She also made reference to her husband being still alive in a later episode.

After watching the two episodes I am convinced that the tail section has more to offer in episodes to come - they may even come across more survivors as they explore the island more.

Hyzepher

basquille wrote:
    According to AintItCoolNews.com (http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19637):

A 24-episode season for a show - despite the enormous popularity - that is costing ABC $500,000 over budget PER show?! I have to say, I'm very impressed, but it's clear that they know the viewers are there and will be willing to pay to keep 'em with more new episodes.

Considering Alias has only ever had 22-episode seasons, this surprises me a little, but it is possible (very likely, in fact), that ABC *did* order a 22 episode season and the pilot (first two episodes, filmed last March/April) was not part of that original order.

All in all, means we have SIX new episodes before the end now, which is excellent news.

ScruffySlayer - I suggest a Divx player (like Yamada DVD-6600) which will play 'acquired' TV show files as well as being multi-region. About €70 if you're going to fork out for one, and considering you'd get Lost and the player for around €100, it'd be a bargain! (Also, if you don't want the player, there are programs which would turn a computer's DVD drive into a multi-region one - though watching the show on a monitor wouldn't be very good, unless you could hook the computer up to the TV.)

• Advertisement

Hyzepher wrote:
    After watching the two episodes I am convinced that the tail section has more to offer in episodes to come - they may even come across more survivors as they explore the island more.

100% agree. This *is* definitely going to become a part of a future episode (pure speculation, but it's what I would do.) Also, something that has never been quantified properly is the size of the island. I'd like to see an aerial shot in the final episode this year that shows us its size, maybe moving over to reveal the tail section on the other side of the island. Someone - and originally I thought Sayid would do just this after ep 8 - needs to walk ALL the way around the island and get a measure of its size. I suppose they're not for safety/fear of the monster, but it needs to be done.

Speaking of final shots this year, wouldn't it be cool if the camera angle raised up and showed us the island's size - middle of ocean, miles from anywhere - and then moved slightly upwards to reveal a SECOND ISLAND (not visible from the current one, but nearby by raft...) I've always wondered where Ethan came from, and where Rose thought her husband to be. (OK, so it's not likely cos Claire found her way back, but if other survivors/Ethan/Them are not nearby on the same island, another one would be pretty cool.

doh.ie wrote:
    Someone - and originally I thought Sayid would do just this after ep 8 - needs to walk ALL the way around the island and get a measure of its size. I suppose they're not for safety/fear of the monster, but it needs to be done.

Yes. For all they know Marlon Brando's mansion might be on the other side of the island.

It does strike me as being a very large island though. It seems to contain very large montain ranges.

From the shots that we have seen- the island is pretty big. The episode with the first polar bear (shot by sawyer) gave a good perspective once they climbed the nearby cliff.

Also Boone & Locke are at least 4 - 5 miles from the beach when they found the hatch - mentioned more than once. If the island is indeed quite large then it makes it harder to believe that it is uncharted or unvisited for nearly 17 years.

It is very odd that they don't feel the urge to explore more of the island - the monster preventing them or so it seems. Also sayid is very reluctant to explore any more - the Numbers episode showed this - this I find odd from someone so eager to explore earlier.

hyzepher

Thought i'd bump up the Lost thread a bit.. and also give you all a link to this pretty cool Lost Videos site.

It's basically various clips from Lost edited to music.

Some of them are very good.. especially the Jack-Kate one with Frou Frou's 'Let Go'.. very well done!

Promo for next Wednesday's episode 'Deux Ex Machina' below:

http://www.sparklies.org/~lisa/lost/video/eppromos/ep19promo_lg.zip

EDIT: Oooohhhh.. looks mighty good!
    Sawyer's getting headaches.. Locke's losing his ability to walk.. a plane.. a voice on the other end of the radio!..

... should all make for some mighty good viewing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement