Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ticket machines in Coolmine problematic

• 03-12-2004 10:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭

I just rang the station master at Maynooth to ask why the ticket machines in Coolmine were off yesterday. [The Maynooth station master presides over all Maynooth line stations to Drumcondra]

He told me that the machines in Maynooth and Clonsilla have been working grand but the Coolmine ones have been quite problematic. Yesterday they were accepting the fare, printing the ticket and then shutting down before returning change (cue Microsoft/Windows XP jokes). They decided to shut them down instead of really annoying people. The systems are controlled from somewhere in town.
    The manufacturer's engineers have been called to sort the machines out.
    Another problem they have with the Coolmine machines, and one I fell victim to, is that dispensed tickets often do not work in the ticket barriers.

With respect to accepting credit cards (which I didn't realise they did), when a fare is above e6 you will be given an option of paying with cash or credit card. He couldn't remember if Laser cards were accepted.
    For cash it can accept 5/10/20/50 euro notes. 50 euro notes will only be accepted when the fare is above some threshold (over 20 euro obviously but he didn't know the exact figure).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

Thanks for the info, daymobrew!

I see they've also opened up another ticket "office" on the other side of the Coolmine platform (city centre direction) to accommodate people finally. The surly IE ticket inspector on that side used to be very strict in sending people across to purchase tickets from the main office and I've seen him get into quite a few disputes with people who can't get access once the level crossing barriers had come down. At least this new approach makes sense and cuts the insane queues that can build at the main office. Combined with the ticket machines when they are finally up and running this should make commuters ticket buying a lot faster than it has been! Here's hoping anyway! :rolleyes:

Advertisement