Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no outbound calls?

Options
  • 03-12-2004 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

hope this is the best forum to ask..

basically i just want to set my house phone up for incoming calls only.
    i dont want to use a phone lock or pull the buttons off or anything like that :p

is there a section on the eircom site that will allow me to turn off the outgoing calls on my phone, except for 999, 1901 etc

if not is there a specific number to ring to get this done or is it 1901 again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

had a look on the eircom site and it seems you can only bar premium numbers :/
    and it costs money to do it aswell.

bah anyone got a phone with no numbers on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

AFAIK you can order incoming calls only...I had the facility a few years ago. They do charge extra for it though in addition to the line rental. It's kind of against the grain of a telco to offer incoming calls only. You will be paying over €25 per month for the line ... is it worth your while?

Advertisement