Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Egg Chocolate

• 03-12-2004 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭

When it comes down to the actual egg, not the bars or sweets, who do you think makes the best?

I'd have to go with cadbury, as i think the chocolate in nestle and mars eggs is just brutal in easter eggs, barely better than cooking chocolate. Lindt are ok but I haven't found anything to beat the dairymilk as of yet.....althoug a giant kinder would be tasty

Also what are the opinions on white chocolate eggs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd have to go with Galaxy. I find the chocolate to be a bit too rich in their chocolate bars, but the thickness of the chocolate in the eggs seems to be just right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Yeah Mars are great. Why are easter eggs so much nicer than normal chocolate? Its about 3 times as expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Blisterman wrote:
    Yeah Mars are great. Why are easter eggs so much nicer than normal chocolate? Its about 3 times as expensive.
    i actually think that the chocolate in easter eggs is the lowest grade ****e i have ever tasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭savemejebus

ferdi wrote:
    i actually think that the chocolate in easter eggs is the lowest grade ****e i have ever tasted.

This is what i was talking about, but i find that cadburys is a step above the other stuff (and now monkeyfudge reminds me galaxy is nice too) especially nestle, which always gives me indigestion (yes i'm getting old) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah... Nestlé chocolate is pretty poor in general. They don't have any solid chocolate bars like a dairy milk do they? I'm partial to mint aeros, but the chocolate coating is thin on them.

But Nestlé eggs taste particularly manky.

When I buy easter eggs I normally go with Thorntons, as you can have funny messages writen on them in icing sugar... and they do eggs shapped like monkeys...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Interesting a discusion in Easter eggs as we approach Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭savemejebus

monkey shaped eggs, never seen one of those although i did make a friend shoot milk out his nose by referring to his (at the time) new banoffee chocolate bar as monkey spunk chocolate

Thats a fairly accurate discription of em ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i like the cadburys eggs but you cant beat creme eggs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

savemejebus, please change your sig, its seriously head wrecking

• Advertisement

ferdi wrote:
    savemejebus, please change your sig, its seriously head wrecking
    Actually I'd have to agree, I was just being too polite to say so!

Advertisement