Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate and Alcohol?

• 03-12-2004 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Whenever im out drinkin a lot of my mates are always sickened by the fact that i can eat chocolate while drinking. For some strange reason they seem to be turned off chocolate when drinking. Anyone else find that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

what are you drinking with your choco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

ewww
    that would remind me of them chocolates you get with liquor and such in them.
    nasty business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

has anyone here had chocolate rum balls? they are horrible!!! i had them when i was about 10, my dad brought them home from austria and i thought they were malteesers and shoved a handful into my mouth!!! yuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I'd rather have a packet of crisps or peanuts, than a bar of chocolate with a pint.... the 2 flavours (choccie & beer) would be a bit of a contrast in my books!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

if you are drinking baileys or tequila is grand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

uuummm i think you might be on to something there tequila chocolate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

I eat chocolate after a heavy night drinking not during that’s just wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

woosaysdan wrote:
    has anyone here had chocolate rum balls? they are horrible!!! i had them when i was about 10, my dad brought them home from austria and i thought they were malteesers and shoved a handful into my mouth!!! yuck
    Yum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Chocolate liqeuers - yer only man. Lidl are doing a nice line in them at reasonable prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Beer and Chocolate is suppose to be good alright, especially porter/stout.
    And I think the Porter House in Temple Bar has a chocolate flavoured stout?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

Ice cold vodka straight with dark chocolate! Superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

How do they mix?

I'm gonna try adding alcohol to hot chocoalte and see what happens. I'd say baileys would be nice. Maybe Kaluha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Baileys with a squirt of choccie sauce is good.... all over BBQ banana!

Give it a try!

Well Hot chocolate and baileys is nice. Only a small bit of baileys though or else, you can't really taste the chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Alanna

Alcohol and chocolate work really well together. A drop of brandy in a hot chocolate is delicious for a start. Cointreau (orange liqueur) is yummy with chocolate, the darker the better, as is creme de menthe, think of desserts as opposed to bars. Try some expensive 70 per cent dark chocolate with a glass of heavy red wine sipped slowly, heaven!

Now that I think of it. it was nice until, there was enough baileys to taste the alcohol. So I guess they don't really mix.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A nice sweet bar of chocolate, a good pint, a nice pub with a seat near the fire on a cold day .. hmmm...

Did you ever stop to think how they get the alcohol into liquers.
    speaking of which

37559.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I couldn't imagine choclate and beer going well together.
    Never the Twain Shall Meet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

The POD in Dublin used have a bar attached called the Chocolate Bar and they served chocolate vodka in mint, orange and plain flavour - me and a mate spent €60 each on shots of the stuff and were twisted beyond comprehension on it. We also had very furry teeth afterward.

Choc and beer - NO WAY! Down with this sort of thing.

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Chocolate + Beer = (Best Beligian) Framboise or Krieg. My local offy sells both - can narrow down the bar where I had it within 2 Km of O'Connell Street - its strong :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Alanna

I've just remembered the most delicious chocolate drink in the world, the chocolate martini, they make them in the Fitzwilliam hotel and they're amazing. I think it is made from vodka and a clear creme de cacao. It is served in a large martini glass and the rim has been dipped in cocoa powder, it's yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

I'm well into my red wine and chocy.

I adore dark choc with a Shiraz or Bordeaux. My flatmates thought i was luna until they tried it.

Advertisement