Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheap High Octane Petrol- Where?

Options
  • 03-12-2004 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a Garage in Dublin that does cheap (cost, not quality) high ocatane Petrol, ie above 97.

Most of the stuff I find, even in the petrol stations with cheap regular unleaded in over €1.20, which is nuts.

Thanks all

redmond

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Modern cars really don't need it.. Unless you regularly drive around at 4000rpm or own a supercharger, good 'ole 95 is fine.

(There is a common misconception that higher octane = more power :p)

You can get fuel additives which boost octane levels, generally the cost is about 5 to 10 cent per litre on the cost of regular fuel, Much cheaper than buying 98 ron at the pump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cheapthrills

Shell V-Power is 97/98 RON and only about 5cent dearer than ordinary unleaded.
    Runs smoothly in my supercharger ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭redzer007

Merc E320 Coupe, 95

runs fine on 95, but runs better and better fuel consumption with a higher octane level.

Thanks, I''ll try Shell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Shell V-Power is 97/98 RON and only about 5cent dearer than ordinary unleaded.
    Runs smoothly in my supercharger ;)

It's 95ron

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

If you haven't seen this site
    http://www.irishfuelprices.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

also, if you are going to use octance booster, seek advice from a mechanic first because some of them can do a lot of damage to your engine

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

redzer007 wrote:
    Merc E320 Coupe, 95

runs fine on 95, but runs better and better fuel consumption with a higher octane level.

No chance in hell it will give you at least 25% better fuel consumption. Stick to 95 or choose to waste your hard earned cash...

Advertisement