Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Defensive Woes

• 03-12-2004 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

I have played a fair few games in FM2005 already (with diff teams) and most of them have had good defenders e.g. man utd. this, however, doesnt seem to matter as i still concede a **** load of goals.i score alot too because i have an attackin tactic, but still have 4 at the back.i find class defenders like rio wandering around like a headless chicken and losing out in the air against people like henry.what the **** is this all about?i have the cb's on man marking so there shouldnt be a problem...any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Wait till the patch defending is pritty rubbish as is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Also has any one noticed how bad human club goalkeepers are? My keepers Buffon being my main man can’t get a rating over 6 in the leage and most of the time they can only manage a 5 its very annoying games can and do (a lot) go something like this.

Chelsea - Wba

0.00 kick off
    0.10 Some wba guy gets the ball
    0.17 moves up the pitch total unopposed by my medfield of 5 and defense of 4 world class players
    0.25 Buffon does the dumb ass bastard move of coming off his line when the 20 euro wba striker is still half way down the pitch even though you have him set to close down ONLY in his own box
    0.40 20 euro wba striker chips my 39 million euro keeper with horrible mind numbing ease.
    0.40 - 94 mins .Chelsea dominates the match with 37 shots 14 on target but are unable to win because the wba goalkeeper has managed a 9 or 10 rateing.

Rinse and repeat around 12 times a season it just doesn’t happen in real life (scoreing so early anyway)now i think about it i think iv only kept around 10 clean sheets in 4 years
    :confused: Still managed to win the league twice community cup twice and was runner up in the fa cup twice (bah) last year scoreing 88 goals and conceding 38 in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

installed the patch but there doesnt seem to be much of a difference in the defending.this is so annoying-just beat arsenal 5-4.what the **** is that all about

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

yeah its a joke the games are way too high scoring and the defenders part like the red sea whenever there is an attack. ITs a bit of a joke and the patch does nothing to fix this. Also away games are ridiculously hard to win.

yea away games are tough alright. i think two different tactics for home and away matches are needed. so much effort though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Some of the results are plain stupid
    Milan 5 - 3 Chievo
    Juve(me) 4 - 4 Roma
    Inter 3 - 3 Bolonga
    Lazio 1 - 4 Leece

Like WTF

i can accept that theres always gonna be some odd results but they happen so frequently that it does get irritating..

Advertisement