Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frames gig in Tower Records!

Options
  • 09-05-2001 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

As i walked into tower Records yesterday two things caught my eye. A sign in the that said somthing about well done to the Frames on their recent succes and instruments set up just inside the store.

I took at second look at the sign and at the bottom it said Frames playing in store at 6 on Tuesday the 8th of May. Super I thought. I'll buy my book and I'll get to see the Frames do a few numbers and then tell everybody to buy their record.

I got into the crowd of people and tried get near the front and i waited.

The frames came on at 6:15 and they rocked for a hour and a half. Really great. I could not beleave that they played a full set for free to about 100 lucky people. The frames rock. They mixed the set up nicely playing from all three albums. I really enjoyed it and I am defo going to see them next time they play in duvlin even if I have to pay.

So was anybody else at it? And what did they think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Nah, a friend of mine is big into the frames though and he has played me one or two of their songs... mighty good stuff overall.

Must go see em sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

100?!

100 my **** , more like 1000 there mate! I was outside though, but I did get Glen's autograph and I may be in the Hot Press photos as the bloke from Hot Press was snapping away as Glen signed my CD biggrin.gif

(Plus he stole my pen, b*stard)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

My sister was at it. She got David Kitts autograph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

i saw em in UL late last year. not really my thing, but i admit they're pretty good, and all.

Durty auld Morris drums... they're fu*kin' great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Jim Daniels

Their version of the Beastie Boys "Sabotage" was rather entertaining...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭[fist]Snowball

Well "The FANJ", u have missed lots of stuff like that. They play that kind think a lot.
    About a month or so ago they played a gig in a little cafe in the Georges street arcade. they played for Hrs and Hrs. Really good gig. U shoul go see em live at Vicar st. There new years gig was the best gig ever!!!!!

Snowball.

Another sign in name ... he ... whats new.....

Advertisement