Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats sh1tting in Garden

• 03-12-2004 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

OK, how do you stop mangy neighbourhood cats from sh1tting all over your garden?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Fill an empty mineral bottle with water, leave it on the lawn. Can't remember why it works (something to do with vibrations I think) but it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

or get a dog, a big one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Get a meaner cat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

The best one I ever heard was a guy who was having similer trouble, dogs sh1tting in his front garden. He went to Dublin Zoo, bought lion pooh spread some in his garden and hasn't had a problem since. Dont know what will happen if a lion excapes from the zoo though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Fill an empty mineral bottle with water, leave it on the lawn. Can't remember why it works (something to do with vibrations I think) but it does.

this seems to be working, oddly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

Sleepy wrote:
    I used to have the same problem and funny enough this also worked for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

magpie wrote:
    this seems to be working, oddly.

Not for me :mad: . I've tried everything at this stage from bottles of water, the cat scatt stuff you can get in woodies to the electronic pest deterrent and I am seriously considering laying posion.

The bang in the back garden is unmerciful :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Do you know anyone with a cat Stimpyone? The only thing that kept neighbours cats away from our garden was sprinkling some of my cats used litter around. It sounds horrible but it works!! He uses a litter tray cos he's a house cat and prefers watching tv to crapping in gardens!

EDIT - LOOOOOOOK everybody!!! I just realised that was my 500th post!!! I gots 3 stars now!!! :D:D:D

Stimpyone wrote:
    Not for me :mad: . I've tried everything at this stage from bottles of water, the cat scatt stuff you can get in woodies to the electronic pest deterrent and I am seriously considering laying posion.

The bang in the back garden is unmerciful :eek:

Bet you haven't tried a pellet gun!

It's not just one cat... it's a whole bloody pride, so I'm not sure the "other cats poo" thing will work.

The pellet gun thing would bring me immense satisfaction ( I'm a very sick person.... I know ), but as I see it there are two problems.

1) I don't own a pellet gun and have no idea where to get one.
    2) ever since I started hosing them with the garden hose they tend to make a hasty retreat when they catch sight of me..

Dressing up in camouflage and staking out the back garden might get the neighbours talking about me...... again.

These cats are not wild as most of the one I've observed have collars. I wish people would look after their own pets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Get a meaner cat...

better, get a shotgun!

shoot their leader, the other ones will be scared!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Big cat hunting yes. :cool: . Have you considered a crossbow? Actually have heard that they don't like orange peel of all things. Put that around and it may work. Don't ask!! old wives thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

someone got a problem with pussy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

seriously go to your neighbors and tell them the problem, if they don't care about it, once you get a cat in your garden grab it by the tale and twirl it like a helicopter and throw it back to your neighbors garden, that should teach them a lesson!

I kind of like the sound of snares and bear traps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

anyy figured out why the water bottle thing works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

water bottle always works, getting a dog will make the cat do it more(they like to pi$$ dogs off)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Maybe they see they're bastard cat face in the reflection of the water?

I heard it works for dogs too.

actually, now the ****ers have got used to the water bottles there's **** everywhere again. What should you put in a rat trap if you want to catch a cat? cat food?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

magpie wrote:
    actually, now the ****ers have got used to the water bottles there's **** everywhere again. What should you put in a rat trap if you want to catch a cat? cat food?

Arsenic poured over a chicken breast will take care of it for you.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I have similar problems,

I have a supper soaker with lemon juice added to the water, whenever i see them i squirt it, the water in the bottle is a glare thing, no use at night, i have an ultra sound cat scarer, not worth a sh1t. I have the pepper and crystals, also no use. I douse the yard with jeyes fluid and they seem to hate that, I also researched and got pricka spikes for my walls, they cant walk along them anymore. got them at www.queenswoord.co.uk
    Shopping Cart (Prices in British Pounds)

REFERENCE DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST
    119805 Prikka Strip 6 £12.99 £77.94

there are 8 no 500mm x 25mm strips per pack, this was the best value i could find.
    I also need to get them off my car as they sit on it for the heat at night.

All in all I'm winning the fight. Ideally i would get a dog , but there is nobody at home during the day

For more see http://www.deteracat.co.uk/products/catspikes.html

Yes, deteracat. Obviously we're not the only ones with this problem. I think I might send off for these and see if they work. And get a supersoaker for my own personal edification.

EDIT/ Someone on another site suggested carpet-laying strips along the walls etc, pin-side up. Not as humane as the plastic ones, but ****, why should I fork out to be nice to cats ****ting in my garden?

I'm also considering getting one of these http://www.pestproducts.com/cat_trap.htm and hanging up the cage with cat inside, gibbet style, to deter other cats once I've caught one.

I loved the cat spikes.....
    Most likely work well for burglers too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭chizzle dizzle

Are you sure its not a dog that is going to the toilet all over your garden because usually when cats go to the toilet they dig a hole and cover it up again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 padster

magpie wrote:
    in the north the british soliders posioned my dog Spudnik im thin
    kin buy a dog and move to the north you leper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

padster wrote:
    in the north the british soliders posioned my dog Spudnik im thin
    kin buy a dog and move to the north you leper

No trolling and no attacking other posters, if you don't have anything to add to the topic at hand... don't post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Are you sure its not a dog that is going to the toilet all over your garden because usually when cats go to the toilet they dig a hole and cover it up again!

They didn't in my garden... :( Is that a cat lovers myth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭chizzle dizzle

No its not a myth. I have two cats and both of them dig a hole and cover it back up again. I see all cats in my area do it so the cat next door to you must be an exception or must do it because he knows he is pissing you off!!
    Why not get a dog and then the cats will be too afraid to come into your garden............but then you will have a problem of your own dog ****ting all over your garden!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

If you have problems with cats crapping in your garden, take a look at the garden itself. Cats like to crap in two things: long grass and soft soil.

Inotherwords, if you have an overgrown lawn you'll get cats crapping in that, if you have freshly weeded flowerbeds, cats will crap in those. A close-cut lawn and shingle on the flowerbeds works a treat. (Shingle on the flowerbeds will also help keep weeds down.) And it's not the same as spending money on stuff to keep cats from crapping in your garden - you do get the benefit of having a nice pleasant back garden.

• Advertisement

If you have problems with cats crapping in your garden, take a look at the garden itself. Cats like to crap in two things: long grass and soft soil.

Inotherwords, if you have an overgrown lawn you'll get cats crapping in that, if you have freshly weeded flowerbeds, cats will crap in those. A close-cut lawn and shingle on the flowerbeds works a treat. (Shingle on the flowerbeds will also help keep weeds down.) And it's not the same as spending money on stuff to keep cats from crapping in your garden - you do get the benefit of having a nice pleasant back garden.

How do you stop Tom cats spraying their musk(?) all over the damn place. That stuff reeks... :mad:

Advertisement