Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Live Gig of all times?

Options
  • 10-05-2001 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

What was ur best live gig of all times?

Mine was last new years with "The Frames", also The 4 of us, David Kit, Jemma Hays and many many more were there. BEST GIG EVER!!!!!

Whats is urs????????

Snowball.

Another sign in name ... he ... whats new.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Fleadh Mor in ehm, 94 i think. Tramore racecourse.
    One of my best weekends ever. the lineup included Ray Charles, Van Morrison, Jimmy Cliff, Shane and the popes, the pogues, and loads more that ive just plum forgotten.
    There was a trad tent that featured a reformed Moving Hearts and a tent for smaller irish bands with people like The Frames and Lir playing.
    weather was amazing, setting beautiful and not many muppets due to the acts playing smile.gif
    U2 on the Zoo tour in the RDS still ranks as the most impressive live show ive seen and Metallica in the Top Hat (is that still there? whats it called now?) was fun too smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm sure you know already that I will pop up and say Cradle Of Filth...

So here I am.

And what am I saying?

I saw Cradle in London last December, in the Astoria...

They are simply unbeleivable to see live.
    You'd just have to see them, they are just the best band I've ever seen.
    And they always seem to play the song you like, and get a great mix of songs from all the albums.

Simple the BEST.

Mind you, One Minute Silence are quite the band for a live show. They mightn't sound like much on album, but their stuff is just writen for the stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Haven't seen many live gigs myself... it'd be a toss-up between Metallica's last gig in the point (June 5th a few years ago), where meself and a friend were about 10-15 feet from the band, or Radiohead in Punchestown last year, which, as most of the boards members who were there, was an amazing experience.

Billy and Elton in Croker wasn't bad... but it wasn't anywhere near those two.

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

A good band but not overly brilliant. A House's last ever show in the olympia. It went on and on and at the end, all the people in the boxes were in tears.

Iggy Pop in '96 was also quite an experience...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭[fist]Snowball

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    Haven't seen many live gigs myself... it'd be a toss-up between Metallica's last gig in the point (June 5th a few years ago), where meself and a friend were about 10-15 feet from the band</font>

That was a brilliant gig.

Snowball.

Another sign in name ... he ... whats new.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

Been to sfa gigs, but the best i have been to was Slayer absolutley incredible, played most of the stuff i wanted to hear.

But oh, no tears please, fear and pain may acompany death, but it is desire that sheperds its certainty, as we shall see...

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

My favourite was the foo fighters in the olympia last december. Amazing.

dave grohl climbed up into the boxes and around the balcony playing guitar during stacked actors.

I'm a bicycle!!

I'm offended.

BAN THAT GUY!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

TCT - I was at that gig and it was absolutly astounding!!!
    I loved every minute of it!!!

Other's of note - Therapy? over a year ago in the Olympia - unreal! The Slayer gig Black Wizard mentioned (cause I was there with him) and Ash in the Point Depot 27th December 1996 - RULED! Radiohead in Punchestown (the one Bard was at) would be in this list only I had a headache from listening to my moany whingy housemate complain that he had to stand up and people were actualy pressing against him - WE WERE IN THE FKING MOSHPIT *slap*

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Nick Cave at Reading in 1994 (or it might have been 1993) - utterly brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Jim Daniels

Yo La Tengo: Mean Fiddler 1999 (I think)
    PJ Harvey: Olympia 1996

Patti Smith: Newtown, Sydney 1997
    Handsome Family: All the time in Whelans

• Advertisement
Advertisement