Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Vs EsatBT

• 03-12-2004 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Just curious who you went with and why?

I picked Esat for the cheaper price and bigger download limit. 33.15 a month when I took the phone package 8gb as opposed to eircom 4gb a month :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

was with eircom in the old place.
    no complaints with regards the broadband but im moving to esat in my new house for the cheaper service, better introductory offer andhigher cap :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Esat being the best available service for me, as soon as NTL show up I'm leaving them though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Was with Eircom for a year, have to be careful what you say around here, but I was quite impressed with it really. Solid 54kb/s torrent downloads, never noticed it slowing off due to contention or anything and very little down time.
    Switch to Esat for phone and Broadband (Plus) a couple of months back. Had plenty of problems for the first few weeks, getting booted off and not being about to reconnect. Seems to have died down now though, and they were having problems in our area so it wouldn't be fair to say everybody would have these problems. It seems as fast as Eircom was for browsing, but torrents run much slower, never seen them about 45kb/s, and often closer to 20. Things do get slower at certain times of the day as well. For the average user just wanting to browse and do the odd bit of downloading this package is obviously far better then Eircom because of the price, but if you're wanting the quickest one you'd have to go for Eircom IMO. As per usual you get what you pay for...

Advertisement