Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM back on the air.

Options
  • 02-05-2001 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Woo Hoo.

They did not get their licence application but I was flick through the stations on my radio last night. All i heard was dance music and radio chat shows. Then like a beautiful Michael Stipes voice hit me. REM on the radio this could only mean one thing. I looked at the display and yes Phantom FM is back on the air. Or so it seems anyway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

great. more frames, bellx1 and wilt. Just what we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

ye, but no license frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

is anyone here from limerick?
    ever listen to magic fm?

genuinely good rock 24 hours a day....no djs at the mo though

Durty auld Morris drums... they're fu*kin' great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭crazydaisie

I'm in Limerick, what wavelength is magic fm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

doh frown.gif

I was wrong

It's not Phantom it's some station that has stolen 91.6fm. It just happened to play good music when I tuned in frown.gif

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by crazydaisie:
    I'm in Limerick, what wavelength is magic fm?</font>

107.6, i think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

What this country needs isa decent Metal/Hardrock station there are a few pirates i picked up around galway but cant find em again!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ronan|Raven:
    What this country needs isa decent Metal/Hardrock station there are a few pirates i picked up around galway but cant find em again!</font>
    hear hear!! headbanger.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The FANJ:
    doh frown.gif

I was wrong

It's not Phantom it's some station that has stolen 91.6fm. It just happened to play good music when I tuned in frown.gif
    </font>

http://radio.wxtc.net/

at least that's who it was last time i turned the radio on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

ah wxtc arent too bad, they play pretty good stuff most of the time. Although they dont seem to pay as much attention to home-grown rock as phantom did.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

The latest on Phantom is that they are 'considering their options'. I dont think they are rushing back onto the air due to the fact that the powers that be now know all about them. They could rename themselves i suppose, but maybe the last decision by the irtc was the straw that broke the camels back.
    Are the IRTC on drugs? a country and western station and a religious station getting the licenses? Yeh, theyre going to be REAL popular in Dublin.

Advertisement