Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Season 4, Episode 9: Kir'Shara [Spoliers]

Options
  • 03-12-2004 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

If you missed the episode here is a detailed [http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/ENT/episode/7624.html]Epsiode Guide[/URL] Thanks to StarTrek.com

well for thos ewho dont know this episode was leaked it was due to air friday at 8cent (i think) but was floating around earlyier this morning another example of a star trek pre-air

it happened last season (3) Episode 318 Anzati Prime that was on the net before it was on TV the same it sppears with this ENT episode i cant wait for my cousins to send me a copy of the episode on tape......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Very good episode overall imho... Liked the revelation at the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

This happens due to people hacking into the satellite system as the episode is beamed from whatever studio has cut the episode to the upn stations, they rip, encode it, then torrent it. Pretty simple really. They really should use better encryption in those transmissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Very good episode, now we'll have the Romulans making their entrance, I wonder how the Earth Federation will deal with cloaked ships as Enterprise can't even stand up to a Vulcan or a Andorian cruiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

yo uhave to remember that romulan ship tech is very very primitive they dont even break warp 5 till TOS (at least ithink its warp5) when they do cloaking exchange for ship design with the klingons

indeed a good episode. i knew romulasn where involved next weks episode looks like a filler ut thats cool we have had 9 episodes so far and they have all been 3 parters

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

have to say, i've been impressed with the whole series so far. i was a bit apprehensive with the ending to season 3 with the WWII thing, but it played out quite well i thought.

liked the latest 3 parter too, thought it went very well. nice to see some revelations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

Brilliant episode, the ending reminded me of Sela in some TNG season finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Another billiant episode setting up the romulan war perfectly. 10/10
    I wonder how the Earth Federation will deal with cloaked ships as Enterprise can't even stand up to a Vulcan or a Andorian cruiser.

Andor (and tellar id assume but we haven’t seen them yet) seem to be more powerful and more advanced than earth ..Id imagine andor (and tellar) will face the brunt of romulan attacks while earth builds and refits its navy also you cant fire while cloaked so really its only a advantage in the build up to a battle not during and i cant imagine to many allied warships flying around alone during war so the romulans shouldn’t be able to pick off individual allied ships.
    yo uhave to remember that romulan ship tech is very very primitive they dont even break warp 5 till TOS (at least ithink its warp5) when they do cloaking exchange for ship design with the klingons

There was to the best of my knowledge not one cannon reference to a romulan / klingon alliance apart from the romulans showing up in a klingon d7 which easily could of been a captured ship also there was not one mention of the klingons getting cloaks from the romulans its just one example of the star trek fans filling in the blanks as best they can then getting pissed when the writers don’t follow along....Also what makes you think the romulans didn’t brake warp 5 till tos ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

in the TNG episode where enterprise tracked down a phased/cloaked federation ship stuck in an asteroid that riker usedto be on, didn't they mention some sort of 'accord' where the federation had agreed not to use cloaking technology in exchange for some consession?

vibe666 wrote:
    in the TNG episode where enterprise tracked down a phased/cloaked ship stuck in an asteroid that riker usedto be on, didn't they mention some sort of 'accord' where the federation had agreed not to use cloaking technology in exchange for some consession?

Ya the feds agreed to not use or develop cloaking technology after the Tomed Incident or something

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Yes the federation and the romulans signed an agreement that the federation wouldn't develope cloaking tech.

Also I seen an episode of TOS recently and there were 3 D7's under Romulan control... and I remember it mentioned / read it somewhere, that the Bird of Prey is a romulan design.

On topic, yarr very good episode.

• Advertisement

azezil wrote:
    and I remember it mentioned / read it somewhere, that the Bird of Prey is a romulan design.

Fans made that up to fit in with the whole idea of the romulan/klingon alliance (klingons get bop design /cloak romulans get D7s and warp drive) its pritty clear the bop is a pure klingon design since enterprise and the romulans have warp never understood how people could think they didnt even considering what scotty said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

When did the Romulans depart from conventional anti-matter reactors to singularity generators? and what's the advantage of it?

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    When did the Romulans depart from conventional anti-matter reactors to singularity generators? and what's the advantage of it?

Some time between TOS and TNG the advantage i see is you would never have to refuel (i think) your starships feddy + other powers ships have a limited (even if it is many years) fuel supply.

Wonder though did the romulans ever have anti matter powered warp engines? Scotty said "their power is simple impulse" when the Enterprise was fighting a romulan bop its silly to think that the romulans didn’t have warp drive how the hell could they fight a war with a warp capable alliance if they didn’t ? So maybe Scotty ment that their power is simple fusion as feddy starships impulse engines are powered by fusion reactors so maybe the romulans went straight from fusion reactors to singularity generators.

in that tos episode kirk pretended to go rouge but he was actually on some sort of mission from starfleet to gether info on the allience. romualns got d7 class tech and klingons got clok tech and it was also in the offcil star terek fact files

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

User45701 wrote:
    in that tos episode kirk pretended to go rouge but he was actually on some sort of mission from starfleet to gether info on the allience. romualns got d7 class tech and klingons got clok tech and it was also in the offcil star terek fact files
    yes! thankyou that was the episode i was watching, but got confused on some of the details cause i was drunk watching it :P

You apear to be right

is TAS cannon?

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

azezil wrote:
    Yes the federation and the romulans signed an agreement that the federation wouldn't develope cloaking tech.

treaty of algeron i believe it was called.

thought it was a very good episode myself. i've liked combs since the DS9 days and its always good to see him in an ep. ending was good also

Advertisement