Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matlab

Options
  • 03-12-2004 4:55pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know any sites which you can download matlab from. Bearing in mind that i spent at least 45 minutes browsing through google with no results :rolleyes:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

there's a legally free alternative called SciLab which can do most of the standard functions matlab does available as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You can get a legal student version for about a 10 through your college. Well I know mine runs something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Either buy the licence or try an alternative but no posting links to illegal software.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'm not going to break the rules so i'm not going to post any links. Just IMHO MATLAB is overpriced and bloated for what it does. Secondly, the student versions are very often restricted in what they can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

the student/education edition probably wont do what you want it too. It has to be the most overpriced software ever. Maple is a good alternative too but still costs a bit. Im suprised some w@rez monkey in your class dont have it.

Maybe somebody could download it off bitorrent for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Some of the guys in my job have it , came free with an Open University CD along with win zip a firewall and virus protection etc, maybe you could down load it from OU. If not I think I might have a copy, I got it for nothing ( as a part time student) and could pass it on to a student for nothing, does anyone have a problem with that? if so then i wont

Advertisement