Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting out of Ireland

Options
  • 03-12-2004 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I'm getting out of Ireland in the New Year 2005. Heading down to Italy. Ireland is the most expensive country in the EU.And by 2006 its going to get worse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Italy is expensive too though.. good luck with it!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Felt the same myself, when I was young. Tried living abroad, but found that I never really felt at home.

I even missed the damned weather. So it was back to Ireland for me, and even though I never stop complaining about this or that, at least I do not feel like a foreigner, more like I am back where I belong :cool: .

It is worth a try though, they do say " Travel broadens the mind " Hope you enjoy yourself ;)

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

If you do make sure you learn the language and don't turn into a sad git ex-pat
    Was away myself for a while and loved it. It's good thing to do anyway. best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Good luck to you! :D

Maybe you can become the rip off fourm's Italian correspondent? :p

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

It's either a bug ya have to get out of the system. Go there come back. Or you'll settle there. Either way have a great trip! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Go abroad, work abroad, travel around and sample how people live in other countries - then come back and make Ireland better.

Of course, you'll want lots of visits to your seaside home in sunny Italy from boards.ie members, so we can keep you apprised of the horrors of living in Ireland, yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

dubadub,

I've a question for you, though it may be a bit stoopid.

Are you leaving because Ireland is expensive?

Or are you leaving for some other reason, and just looking on a bright side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 garhelen

I was living in Germany for a few months It's well cheaper than Ireland We used to eat out a lot and pay **** all A pub we used call to every third drink was free Can't arge with that :D

Advertisement