Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Superman Movie

• 03-12-2004 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Before I write this I must say, without apology, that I am a huge Superman fan.

At the moment all we see for the kids in town is wall to wall spiderman stuff..well..the new superman movie due out in 2006 will change all that and I can't wait. Granted I will be 26 when it hits the screens I think none of us chould lose the luxury of a childs soul and those films we loved as kids should never leave us.

Directed by Brian Singer (usual suspects & Xmen 1&2), starring a newcomer...brendan Roth as Superman....Jude Law as General Zod and Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor...Come on..who's excited? Or am I just a sad git?

If you want some info on it...here's the site(which I have nothing to do with mods)
    http://www.superman-v.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

fade2black wrote:
    Before I write this I must say, without apology, that I am a huge Superman fan.

At the moment all we see for the kids in town is wall to wall spiderman stuff..well..the new superman movie due out in 2006 will change all that and I can't wait. Granted I will be 26 when it hits the screens I think none of us chould lose the luxury of a childs soul and those films we loved as kids should never leave us.

Directed by Brian Singer (usual suspects & Xmen 1&2), starring a newcomer...brendan Roth as Superman....Jude Law as General Zod and Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor...Come on..who's excited? Or am I just a sad git?

If you want some info on it...here's the site(which I have nothing to do with mods)
    http://www.superman-v.com/

The X-men movies were crap...does that not worry you ? thank god they got a no-name for superman though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Yeah I had no interest in X men but x men fans liked it i think. They're using the original music too thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

erm, doesn't it say that on the origional post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

The X-men movies were crap...does that not worry you ?

With the X-Men series Bryan Singer was dealing with difficult source material - multiple characters, fanboy favourites etc. X-Men was mostly character exposition while with X-Men 2 he had a freer hand and larger budget for a more well-rounded story. His casting was also spot on, apart maybe from a jaded Halle Berry as Storm. X-Men 3's loss of Singer as director is Superman's gain.
    thank god they got a no-name for superman though.

Christopher Reeve was also a relative unknown before Richard Donner cast him in the original film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Jude Law and Kevin Spacey, 2 fine actors right there, could be good enough if directed well and written well, but on the other hand it could suck monkey nuts, bit like most movies these days really, shame most of them end up sucking :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Brandon Routh seems a little bit too young to me. Even the guy who plays Clark in Smallville is older....

Also, he is actually the only member of the cast to be confirmed.

I certainly don't see Jude Law as Zod... he's too much of a pretty boy or something.. ha.. but if Terrance Stamp can do it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Unless Darkseid is in it then I really couldn't give a sh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

the guy looks like the smallville guy... he does look very young...

it mentions in the imdb that McGs version was previsualised is there an of that about, would it suggest what Signers version will be like?

what happened to Batman V Superman is that next after the two orevivals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

yeah...apparently they've signed on for 3 pictures...this one....a sequel and then a superman and batman feature.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I dunno - I liked the X-Men movies. I'm not a huge fanboy or anything though so maybe I don't know.

Advertisement