Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant play online:(

Options
  • 03-12-2004 7:22pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I dont see any hosted games ingame or when i use the utility Cheese posted about either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Slap me in IRC when you next online we check it out.

kdjac

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Oh well seems its totally unplayable for me on ISDN:(
    Eventually got to try it online with Kdjac lastnight.
    There was a full 7 second delay after hit pass button before it actually passed the ball:(

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ye...it should be more than enough to play ip to ip but Konami are such a bunch of incompetent coders. Seriously, it is a joke. Yes their latest patch has improoved things but Jesus Christ, the client still has a serious amount of lag and I am not reducing my settings to try change it. Konami have to sort it out. Most of the community are going nuts over it.

cheesedude wrote:
    I am not reducing my settings to try change it.

Want them to come round your house and do it for you ?

The patch is fine anyone who knows how to play online games (ie reduce your settings remove grpahics from the loop and leave only net connection as the only possible problem) Working fine for me and anyone else i play vs as client or host.

When playing any game online you reduce your settings , as has been the way for years, regardless of what kind of pc you have. I play most games online 800*600 and offline 1280*960 and ultra high settings. I dont get any problems.

kdjac

I'd love them to come round to my house with a new patch that actually does what it says. That would be great.

I have never had to reduce settings before with any other online game. My eyes are so used to it, it hurts playing on anything lower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Did anyone actually buy it ?

New Patch is great, me and kdjac have played around 5-6 games on it, with him hosting

bazH wrote:
    Did anyone actually buy it ?

Took the post right out of my pc.

Cheese reduce your settings to as fast as possible then play.

kdjac

Yup! I got my copy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kdjac m8 ive been running all types of games for years ,i ran an online Nascar league with 50 competitors for two years,ive played every game imaginable online.
    Im in DOD,COD RO clans and played countless others online for atleast 5 years now.
    Not once have i ever had to lower gfx settings in any way purely to play online.
    Konami havent got a clue about online coding if you ask me.
    You have a 1meg line hence its playable for you.
    Plain and simple my isdn doesnt cut it for this game online and thats down to konami`s inept ability up to now.
    I know ISDN is not broadband but ive never had an issue with online play before with it.
    Why and how can i play 64 player games and ping at 50-100,why can i host racings sims like GPL,Nascar 2003 and GTR for 8 clients on this connection and i cant play a mesely footie game with 2 clients online?
    Crappy ntecode thats why,its THE only game i cannot play online therefore the WORST netcode ive ever come across.
    Konami need to get their finger out ,every PES forum / community is going insane about the lag issues.
    In fairness m8 if you were not on 1 meg line you would agree here.
    Anyways thanks for help lastnight ,until konami get fingers out im stuck with cpu opponents with a game i paid my hard earned dosh for a legal copy.

I have to agree with you. I share the same anger. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Been playing/hosting fine on 512k with details up high and resolution at 1280x1024.
    I didn't get to play online before the first patch.
    The only lag i've noticed is at free kicks, kick-offs, corners and goal kicks.
    Sometimes it takes a few seconds before i can take the kicks.

Killian

The game is truly excellent, only 2 people i know of since the patch have issues, yourself and cheesey , yours i seen and it was woeful.

This is Konamis 1st online game and its the hardest to code, the physics and speed of play make football games damn hard to code.
    You have been playing games made by dev teams with a lot of exp in online play.
    HL2 DM is laggy simply because of the grav gun , now thats not nothing compared to the req netcode for a football game with loose balll being taken into account. yet Vlave making online games for years.

I hope a patch fixes PES for people with problems but i doubt theres much more that can be done other than a standalone server.

All i want now is an ingame portal and ability to play 2 to 8 players online (would need a server for that).

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Im getting terrible lag... Its pretty much unplayable at any skillful level. Im on DSL 512 k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

so does the new patch fix the problem with some routers?
    can you play online with the netopia dsl router?

Advertisement