Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

be brave.....own up if u hate limp bizkit!

Options
  • 01-05-2001 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Nah, most of the stuff I've heard is ****e, but I like a few of their tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

/me raises hand.

I'm not going to bother to discuss about why I hate them though.
    Not even worth the effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I honestly gave their (new?) album a proper listen out of pure curiousity.. it was very very hard not to laugh in parts.
    This is one woeful album.
    No rant. No *****ing. That is all smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

all ivce heard is a few singles theyve released.
    ummm, some good music in there, but i hate yer mans voice. although i do like that rollin rollin rollin bit!
    in fact, is there any difference between them and lincon park?
    both are pretty much trying to mix decks and heavy metal.
    ahh, bring back anthraz and NWA.

IM THE MAN.......
    im so bad, i should be in detention...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I dont like limp bizkit, but lincon park seam to be ok.......and wwman, they mix decks?????? are you sure?

ps..... People do stuff.........I so clearly 0wnz j00 wwman biggrin.gif

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Don't get me started on them.

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sutty:
    I dont like limp bizkit, but lincon park seam to be ok.......and wwman, they mix decks?????? are you sure?

ps..... People do stuff.........I so clearly 0wnz j00 wwman biggrin.gif

</font>

ahh they use decks and do scrtching and stuff. too technical for me.

as for my deepa dn meaningful philosiphising, people do indeed...do stuff.
    its a fact not a slogan.
    now tell me that 'people do stuff' is not the ultimate meang of life.
    i may have to start a new thread

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Linkin Park actually have some decent "metal" vocals, crawling for instance.

Limp Bizkit?? are ok in a club or such, but would you actually buy their album?? Nah didn't think so.

Then again, I'm a traditionalist, give me Freak on a Leash anyday biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They're all good musicians - in their own way. I really don't like the stuff they're doing at the moment. Infact, I detest it. 3 Dollar Bill Y'all and Significant Other (1st and 2nd albums respectivly) are very good. (Faith RULES as does Break Stuff) Chocolate Starfish - me no like.

Mind you, Wes Borland is a gifted guitar player. On par with Tom Morello for experimenting and playing with effects etc.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)

So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"

[honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness

The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rabbit_Fascist

I don't hate them - they're just so, I dunno - boring. Unoriginal.

They've tried to copy Rage Against The Machine (metal, rap) minus the political undertones, but to be honest, they are a bit ****.

Rage though, what a band.

Get Renegades if you don't have it.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rabbit_Fascist:

Rage though, what a band.

B]</font>

ohhhh, there youve hit a nerve.
    i rememebr seeing them in the tivoli in 94ish? hell of a good gig. very very very energetic band and up close great fun.
    but they didnt change at all for their second album. it was more of the exact same. i mean the exact same. sometimes its more than just vocals and bass and a bit of guitar soloing.
    mind you, primus do that pretty well, but primus are a much better band and are funky, not thrashy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rabbit_Fascist

Yeah, Rage were great live and you're right, their follow ups were pretty similar and I think it was right that Zac called it a day.

Renegades is a great album though. All covers of other artists, all Raged up. :>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

limp bizkit = false metal, therefore they equal pure sh!te, just like every other baggy trousered, wannabe metal band (korn, slipknot, lincon park etc). however they got the title "metal" is beyond me.

But oh, no tears please, fear and pain may acompany death, but it is desire that sheperds its certainty, as we shall see...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

yes.. yes I do hate limp bizkit..
    Ever feel like breaking Fred dursts neck ? Welcome to my world biggrin.gif

All in all is all we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I must admit that I thought "$3 bill y'all" and "Significant Other" weren't too bad, break stuff was an okay song for instance. Then out came "Chocolate Starfish etc.." and
    I thought it was a dreadful album worth throwing in the bin especially since all these new so called "skateboarders" started listening to them just to make them mix in with people and to annoy their parents.
    And yes Linkin Park do use mix decks, well at least i think they do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I'm with Black_wwizard.

Death to false metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Brummers

/me hates Limp Bizkit. Mainly cos of Fred Durst being a twat0r.

In a dark dark place, in a dark dark house, in a dark dark room, in a dark dark cupboard, in a dark dark shelf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

limp bizkit are there for the angry 14 year old market-the kind of ppl who need to be told they dont give a f***
    theyre not quite socks,theyre not quite puppets but man!
    so to answer your question i dont know

joey joe joe junior shabadu...thats the worst name i ever heard

• Registered Users Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I agree with Kharn here. I quite liked the first two albums, but to be honest, ever since they started, they've gone down hill.

They probably started out as a metal band, realised that the big money was to be made in hip-hop etc, and tried to combine the two... (this was seen on Significant Other with tracks like N 2 Gether Now - very rap, the new album has lots of hip hop tracks)

Personally, I hate almost all of the new album. Not one song comes close to matching stuff like Counterfeit.

And they curse too much. I'm sorry, but they do. They're just cursing to appeal to all the kids who want to say "yeah, i'm a rebel" but who want to do it in a somewhat conservative way, so they listen to bands such as LB.

Its also interesting to note that everyone I know class Limp Bizkit as a metal band, when they clearly aren't.

As for Linkin Park, I haven't really listened to the album much, but the best song I've heard from them is My December, a b-side on the One Step Closer single - may be worth looking into wink.gif

Eye ham zee Walroos.
    You ham zee Flyhead.

[This message has been edited by NekkidBibleMan (edited 02-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Vialli

I like rollin' and the MI2 theme myself smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

i liked the souixsie souix bit in the mission impossible theme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

maybe if you truly h8 limp bizkit then your takin them too seriously. i think yer man the lead singer of Ash (forgotten his name) said it well when he said, he has repsect for LB, its better to see them on the charts instead of westlife but they have'nt got too much of a tune goin on. most of their stuff is all bout the beat not the tunes, they dont have much of a flow. but its different from most of the stuff i usually listen, and fred durst is genuinely entertaining (altho i dont think hes tryin to be), so i like 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Crawling is a crap song, terrible vocals, guitars, everything, METAL voclas? are you serious?

Limp Bizkit are ok if you dont take them too seriously or think there the best band in the world (Prof.Frink) rolleyes.gif

Whats wrong with Korn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

limp bizkit usta be good, what with songs like Faith and Nookie, but they have gone to the dogs.
    Rollin...man, what a dogawful song
    having said that, take a look around was ok...........

Durty auld Morris drums... they're fu*kin' great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭frood4t2

The only thing good that ever came from Limp Bizkit is Break Stuff. Other than that, pure ****e.

frood4t2

frood4t2
    3stooges@mags.net

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Limp bizkit are crap allthough 1 or 2 bits on thee new album are ok.

Linkin Park seem to be about the best of all these new groups thye are a bit heavier anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

No. i have to say that i like choco s-fish.
    Music is all about taste, i know, but there is a lot of variety on the album. My generation was really heavy, rollin was always going to be the chart success, take a look around was a very clever remix of the MI theme which i think boreland and Rivers play brilliantly. for some strange reason My Way is extremely addictive, the guitar line towards the end of the song is class. Livin it up shows the humour side of the album and i thought that boiler was the best song on the album. you can really hear the anger in the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

OH YEH. 1 more thing
    I totally agree with the sign in Virgin.
    The lead singer of Linkin Park does sound uncanningly like that fag from savage garden, whats his name....Darren something.....ah you know who im talking abt.

especially in crawling in the verses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

have any of u actually sat down and listened to the lyrics of that song "deranged" ????
    Pure Bull****!!
    FFS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

My mates had me listening to Soulfly's first album at the weekend (my first time hearing the band and I'm very impressed) and Fred Durst duets on one of the songs (Bleed I think is the name). Now that was Fred Durst at his best - if he did stuff like that all the time I'd respect the man more.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

Advertisement