Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best live jam ever

Options
  • 09-05-2001 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Slightly differnet question from the norm here...

From all the music you have ever heard whats the best live jam? As in a group just getting into a groove and going with it for a couple of minutes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

dEUS in the Mean Fiddler a few years back without a doubt.

Beck is insanely good at this sort of thing also.

Heard a bloke called Paul Buckley, most of you will not have heard him as he plays ussually round the North and North West but he is an amazing guitarist who likes to get VERY lost in jams leaving his band to catch up on him and stare at him with lost expressions. Hes pretty amazing considering he's relativly unknown

I actually saw the Corrs jm with Mick Fleetwood on telly quite impressive considering i dont like them. I found a certain amount of respect for them after that.

_ _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _
    <A HREF="http://homepage.eircom.net/~cullenm&quot; TARGET=_blank>
    sig.jpg
    </A>
    http://run.to/pile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

Nirvana had some damn cool jams, may of them are still on tape. listen to the intro of Live from the Muddy Banks, for example

also, has anyone seen the chili peppers video Funky Monks? showed some really cool, hilarious jams during the making of BloodSugarSexMagik

Durty auld Morris drums... they're fu*kin' great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 t-bag

I gotta say the obvious one, some of Jimi's and the Band of Gypsy's stuff - Voodoo Chile/Stepping Stones at Woodstock 13 mins long, Who Knows at Fillmore East.
    Also Santana's stuff: on the Lotus album, Xibaba and Soul Sacrafice at woodstock - the one with the 5 minute drum solo! Nice!

Advertisement