Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mp3 Index/Catalogue

Options
  • 12-05-2001 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭

After trying to hunt down a song from a 30+ MP3 CD collection I realised needed a quick way to index them. While many Mp3 players have integrated file-databases the only one I could find for winamp wouldn't store the results from CD's after they were removed, it was just aimed at finding those on your hard drive. So I made my own. This is a very simple app, with many limitations, but if you just want to quickly catalogue your MP3's it's grand.

It reads the location you specify and stores the MP3 names and locations in a CSV file, that can be viewed and sorted (ideally) in Excel, though you can edit it in Notepad or practically any word-processor or spreadsheet app. Yup, that's right, it doesn't have a user interface for any type of list manipulation, all post-scan editing is up to you, think of it like quick-and-dirty inventory program.

http://www.angelles.com/files/mp3index.exe

Just copy it to any folder, the first time you run it you'll be asked where you want to store the list info., best practice is to use the same location you copied the EXE to (it doesn't extract or anything, just run the EXE file whenever you want to do a scan).
    It will install a readme.txt file wherever you choose to store the lists, it's pretty short but I recommend you read it if you have any intention of using this.

It does what I want it to do, no more, no less, some of you might find it handy too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Does it work with tapes?

biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Sure....
    Just flatten them with a hammer and stuff them into the PC's Coffee Cup holder at the top there. Then I gaurantee you that no other program will catalogue them aswell as mine can!

Advertisement