Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dawn of War - Direct Connect Issues - Workaround!!

Options
  • 03-12-2004 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭

I'm sure that those of you who have played this game online have come across this problem. Basically, you can't have more than 1 player in a game who is behind NAT as the developers f*cked up.

For a very detailed explanation as to what exactly is wrong, read this

For a possible workaround read this

I haven't had the chance to test this out yet, but I have reconfigured my local lan to use the ip subnet "222.222.222.x" for when I do test it.

<edit>Just tested this, and the workaround DOES work! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

BOUT FKING TIME!!!! You sir are my idol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

:D I accept payment in the form of green apples :D:)

And for those that don't want to read all of that text, here's the basics behind the method:

What is your LAN ip address? 192.168.0.250
    What is your EXTERNAL ip address? 213.202.156.xxx

Basic maths:
    public do_stuff()
    {
       if(LAN_IP <= EXTERNAL_IP)
       {
          Change LAN settings to use a range > EXTERNAL_IP;
          //In my case I changed from 192.168.0.* to 222.222.222.*
       }
       Add_EXTERNAL_IP_To_NIC
          (
             Double click on your network connection in "Start > Settings > Network Settings";
             Scroll down the list and double click on TCP-IP;
             Click on "Advanced";
             Click on "Add" (the top one);
             Add your EXTERNAL_IP to the NIC;
          );
       //Note: You have to modify the address sometimes if you don't have a static IP
    }

There you go :)
    Note that if your internal IP > external IP, then you don't have to do the first step. Some English ISP's have 82.* .... whereas all irish ones (I think) have IP's > 200

Daniel

Advertisement