Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lee Enfield .303 Wanted

Options
  • 03-12-2004 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I know its a longshot but anyone with info on where I could get my hands on a .303.

Was thinking that someone might have or know someone who has one in Garda SAFE KEEPING !!!!!! and would be willing to part with it subject to the necessary legal paperwork, licencing etc.

Any info or thoughts appreciated.

BTW. anyone got one licenced yet? any problems?

Point to Note
    In the December issue of TARGET there is a good 4 page piece on the history of the Lee Enfield if anyone is interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

Dunno of any for sale here in Ireland.Last two I saw were for sale in galway with Brensguns.They were Mk2[?] but had been converted to 410 shotguns.

You could try however Sabre defence in the UK.They are converting them for practical rifle competitions.Methinks they are from India, brand new unfired still in the cosmoline and at appx £250STG.
    The SMLE is still pretty common,but the 303 british ammo is becoming abit of a problem to get.Might be an idea to keep a eye out for those arsenal converted to 308.

On the subject of finding native in storage guns.Does anyone know or have for sale or know somone who would be intrested in selling a Mauser C96 broomhandle AKA "peter the painter" with wooden stock?
    Got a collector friend in the US who wants to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

My local gun shop had one the last time I was there a month ago;I think they were looking for about $700 US for it they also had two long barrelled Lugers,
    I will go in tomorrow and see if they are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭benhurt1

Gun Shy wrote:
    I

Point to Note
    In the December issue of TARGET there is a good 4 page piece on the history of the Lee Enfield if anyone is interested.

good site here for lee enfield history http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~stratton/en-page.html

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Gun Shy

http://www.tristarsportingarms.com/m10rifles.htm

Just in case anyone can't get their hands on the Genuine article then an Ausrtalian Company is making a copy of the 303 in 7.62 cal.

looks quite good but have to say pity about the change in the mag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭gouda

Gun Shy wrote:
    I know its a longshot but anyone with info on where I could get my hands on a .303.

Was thinking that someone might have or know someone who has one in Garda SAFE KEEPING !!!!!! and would be willing to part with it subject to the necessary legal paperwork, licencing etc.

Any info or thoughts appreciated.

BTW. anyone got one licenced yet? any problems?

Point to Note

Jim Halpin (Firearms Dealer) in Listowel,Kerry has a couple in stock,took delivery on Friday , I think. One is a MK4 Jungle carbine, I forget what the other one is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement