Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Pack problems!

• 03-12-2004 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Upon trying to install service pack 1 on Windows XP Pro, i'm given an error message. A few seconds after starting the service pack installation i'm told that i need cyptographic services running on the computer to continue. I can't find out anywhere how to activate these services, so i am unable to install the service pack! If anyone else out there has experienced the same problem, please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Is this a clean install or a system that has been production (used) for a while? And is the copy of XP legit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Start -> Run...
    "services.msc"

Set "Cryptographic Services" to Automatic, reboot and try reinstall SP1.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Damok

I checked the cryptographic services and they're already set to automatic, sadly. The same error still comes up.
    I freshly installed XP before trying the service pack, but still no luck.
    And yes, I'm pretty sure the version i have is legitimate.

Advertisement