Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2nd hand car warranty

Options
  • 04-12-2004 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I bought a car costing euro 8,500 - dealer would not come down in price as he said the warranty was built into the price of the car, however, since I purchased he has not lived up to his end of the deal. Couple of small problems with the car such as faulty back light wiring. Have made about 30 calls to him, where he keeps promising to do the work but never does. Any suggestions as to what to do?? Hate letting someone get away with this, especially the fact that he said he could not come down in price due to the warranty. Any ideas how much a warranty is worth?? It was for 3 months which is also written on the invoice. I am pissed off with him!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Bring the car to another garage, get them to list any problems (won't cost much) and an estimate for them to fix them. Bring this to him, tell him fix the car or you'll get the other crowd to fix it and take him to the small claims court for the cost (which you'll win).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

A friend of mine got got a car with a years warranty and I read the warranty and it covers feck all!!, it dealt with mainly electrical except the ECU only good thing was the free RAC cover with it for 12 months. Check your warranty to see whats actually covered then approach the dealer with a list of whats wrong and he's going to do about but make sure you notify him of the problem before the 3 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rattlor

But aren't you covered under "The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act" anyway? Goods must be of merchantable quality, etc... It's your right as a consumer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

As far as i know, once something goes wrong with the car, your warranty restarts from when it was fixed

Advertisement