Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

be brave.....own up if u hate eminem!

Options
  • 06-05-2001 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

Man i hate that guy.
    He claims everyone is out to get him because of his "lyrical content". but the fact of the matter is that he sucks ass. He makes such a big deal abt the fact that he is white but what about the guy in cypres hill? do u hear him complain? no. you hear decent music.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

lol what a compy of the other topic
    I think his music is ok..
    It's been a good long while since I've heard a new song from him
    that song "**** on you" is a crap song..

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

who cares about eminem hehe..
    he's an attention seekeing idiot with absolutely no talent. Why he is so popular among Irish people will always remain a mystery to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

i take comfort in the fact that in a year or two hell never be heard of-probably because his fan base will have grown out of him.........theyll be nearly 5 at that stage smile.gif

joey joe joe junior shabadu...thats the worst name i ever heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭frood4t2

Talentless PoS, all i gotta say? In Stan, he just wrecks himself which is funny.

The Ostrichmage

frood4t2
    3stooges@mags.net

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

While we are on Eminem...........................

DO YOU ALL KNOW WHO HE IS WITH !!!!!!!!

He is Sh4gging the lead singer from Dest. Child!!!!
    yeah, for real, i hate the guy tongue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

yeah - "**** on you" was crap.
    frood4t2,by wrecking himself in "Stan", u mean he drives over the bridge,i dont think that that is sposed to be him or even him acing as that guy but it is funny.LOL.
    And i didnt know he was doin ' that wan from Destiny's Child.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

lol
    no that's not supposed to be him
    it's supposed to be a fan
    the fan loves him so much he dresses like him and has the same hair etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

His earlier stuff was very good. i heard some recordings of his freestylings and they were deadly reason so many peeps hate him is cause the same crap is played over and over on the radio go and buy the cds and listen to em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ronan|Raven:
    reason so many peeps hate him is cause the same crap is played over and over on the radio go and buy the cds and listen to em</font>

Wait. Are you suggesting that even though the **** is played way too much on the radio we go out and listen to it and somehow hearing it again will make it better?

Or are you suggesting that there are some golden nuggets of songs hidden away in the album tracks?

Either way I think you should be smacked seven ways to Sunday for even suggesting people waste good money on this moron's 'musical' output. I have nothing against good rap music but the prepubescent, 'oh pity me - I'm famous' rantings should never have been heard outside of his shower cubicle.

The reason that he is so popular in this, and other countries, is because the average IQ worldwide is dropping. People are getting stupider and stupider all the ****ing time.

http://www.theonion.com/onion3716/denominator_plummets.html

I'm the Dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭frood4t2

No i know that Stan was the guy in the car and the "rapper" of all but the last verse. I am just saying how Eminem made himself look bad in Stan because he tried to tell everyone his lyrics mean nothing. Well they will mean something to someone because people are impressionable. Thats what i meant.

frood4t2

P.S. Screwing Destiny Child's lead? HAHAHA even she has more class than that.

frood4t2
    3stooges@mags.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jeff_Lebowski:

Or are you suggesting that there are some golden nuggets of songs hidden away in the album tracks?

</font>

if ya dont wanna buy em simply downnload em

biggrin.gif and yes there are some very good songs hidden away in among all the b****!

[This message has been edited by Ronan|Raven (edited 09-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i don't like the way he carries on, the way he talks about his mother n mother of his child really pi$$es me off! i never liked him at all untill a while ago when i watch some doc. or sumtin about him n he was talkin about his life etc., changed my mind a bit, i guess he's not all bad.

but there's still alot i don't like....

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Prof.Frink

This is probably suicide but I am a fan of Eminem he says things that over 90% would be thinking if you ask me he's brave for doing the things he does I don't see anyone else in the music business doing and saying what they feel,do you?
    THANX

Glaven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Digital Tilmitt

I hate Emenem's music cause its just full of **** and annoying. We should tie the ******* up and poke him....he he that would be fun....omni-poke! cool.gif

Booyaka

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

cannot stand him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Talentless PoS</font>

that simply is'nt true. he has plenty of rapping talent and lyrical talent. can you rap as good as him? can you right a song as catchy and funny as him?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I love Eminem's music as it takes all the hate out of you especially Drug Ballad as it's a class song.Don't diss Eminem ok !!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">yeah - "**** on you" was crap.
    </font>

yeah!! did u ever notice that eminem* is always going on about "him and his crew D12" and how they are his "homies"? if this is the case, and he truly is a welcome member of D12, how come the song "poop on you" is D12 feat. eminem?

*(i refuse to honour someone who raps about forcing sexual intercourse on his own mother by typing the first letter in his name in upper case)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">*(i refuse to honour someone who raps about forcing sexual intercourse on his own mother by typing the first letter in his name in upper case)</font>

the thing is he didnt actually rape his mother, nor did he kill his wife.

hes not meant to be taken seriously all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

NOTE
    I said raps about not practices. and anyway taking him seriously or not is all well and good but that kind of conent is sick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dagon:
    he's an attention seekeing idiot with absolutely no talent
    </font>
    personally i dont like Eminems attitude but i think him being talented is unquestionable.some of his songs are excellent ("the way i am", "still dont give a fuk")...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I came across an Eminem song in my MP3 list called "B1tch so wrong" about a guy who finds out his wife cheated on him so he slit their 4 year old son's throat, then the song is about him shouting to his wife as he is going to kill her, and in the end he kills her while he shouts "bleeeed" and stuff.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sliotar:
    the thing is he didnt actually rape his mother, nor did he kill his wife.

hes not meant to be taken seriously all the time
    </font>

The thing is.. songs like this can do no good for ppl... i'll try to explain what i mean

When I was growing up in a fairly wealthy coastal american suburb near Cape Cod, from when i was aged 6 to 12 about, there were a lot of semi-friendly, semi-screwed up young ppl in my class whos had bad parents. While normal Irish people would never take his lyrics seriously, some of these americans are very different. Joking about mudering women and children can only make them more screwed up.

I knew a 16-year old in america whos 11 sister was a friend of mine, in my class at school, on my baseball team, etc. One day, he decided to get a gun from his grandfathers house, and as my friend Melanie was waiting to go to a birthday party, he came out and shot her in the head. Then he shot the mother, and the father repeatedly in the head.

He was the type of person who would love Eminem if it was around back then, he would laugh about the lyrics with his friends, and it makes me sick thinking about it. Actually, after writing this, i can't listen to eminem anymore...
    /me deletes B1tch So Wrong

[This message has been edited by Illkillya (edited 13-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

The worrying thing about the world is that morons like eminem get to voice their opinions and influence sick people like that.

It's all very well for stable people to say "that's funny, he's not meant to be taken seriously" but when the content of songs is sick it's time to stop and think. Is nothing sacred anymore?

For God's sake - the man raps about raping his mother and killing his wife. How can that be taken as light-hearted? Freedom of speech is all very well and good but it doesn't mean we have to condone ignorant, maladjusted freaks like this bleached headed asswipe.

I posted above about the world's IQ going seriously downwards. I was only half-joking.

I'm the Dude

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

ok forget the lyrical content. purely technically he actually is a very good mc.
    i've never really got into hip hop i always found it too slow for my style of rhyming and my delivery. but my god if you listen to some of his flows with an ear ****ed towards his breathing patterns he is very very competent. the question remains though would he be as well known as he is if he was black?
    mos def p!sses on him from a great heightand ou don't see him at the mtv awards collectin gongs do you... i'm gonna stsrt doing some more hip hop though, jungle just isn't gonna make me any money

Advertisement