Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster Vs Castres

• 04-12-2004 2:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Gutted isnt a word i could use to descride how i felt after the game.
    I know such cr*p but the ref robbed Munster - anyone need proof plz watch the highlights,he missed so much i reckon he will take a long holiday afther this game.

Again ROG excellent but revenge is a dish best served cold-see ya next week in Thomond Castres :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Some bad decisions by the ref alright , but what I was really disapointed about was the amount Munster's handling mistakes , especially in the first half . You can't expect to score trys against Castres if you cant get the ball going to hand every time and staying in hand every time .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

mmmmmmmmmmm..................
    Thought the ref made some snap decisions which were wrong,
    Holding on was one he really cocked up for bothteams and he let Castres play an awful lot of the ball while off their feet.
    Hope we have a beeter ref next wk.And ya Mossie was really shown to be too small.Whens Kelly back or that new guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Thought Munster got better in the second half but they were all over the place in the first 40 min. Their handling let them down, particularly POC. Horan had a great game though as did Foley and ROG got better once that second peno went over.

But the Castres pack were awesome during some parts of the game and I think thats what decided it really. They put in some very big hits. Plus they played it wide some lovely plays in the attack, most noteably for the try. I thought Munster could have played it wide a bit more as well instead of letting Hendo just keep crashing into brick walls the whole time.

Munster should win next week in TP and Mossie shouldn't start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

daveirl wrote:

Yeah I forgot to mention that I thought he had a good game. Broke quite a few tackles yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I am not really that surprised at the result.
    I am gutted but what do you expect from a team that has 2 sessions to prepare after all the Internationals were away.
    Castres were ferocious in attack and their SH Albouy was very sharp and fast, small and pretty powerful, with an excellent break.
    He created the try for Bory, with his break.
    Munster will win next week in TP however, I fear that without some strong midfield changes (read new blood) then Munsters ambitions in Europe will wither and die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Mungaman

Lads
    I was very disheartened by again a smash and grab game from the midfield. Why have the wingers on the field if they just don't get ball? Anyone agree that if you smash it at inside centre for 60 mins and its not working it maybe an idea to push it across the line and give it to the guy on the wing to show us some wheels? I can't fathom why aren't Munster putting it wide and fast?
    Cullen has to be able to chime in to a BL that is moving forward on attack. The oblique angles he runs are the ones that get him all his tries off the shoulder when he has the foot to the floor. I wish them all the best for Thormund but I really really hope that ROG isn't left to do it all for a home win. Lets see some tries apart form anything inside centre smashing bores the hell out of me. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

First half was dissappointing with a lot of errors and definitely not helped by the referee. There was an obvious knock on by the Castres scrum half right before they were awarded a penalty to make it 6-3. Had they defended better for the try they could have ended up with a draw.

Its pretty clear Lawlor isnt big enough for the HC and I too cant understand why the ball isnt flashed wide quicker. Why buy Cullen if the ball isnt going to go past the centres?

Having said all that Munster will definitely beat them on Saturday evening. Very important to deny them a bonus point so have a two point lead for the last two games.

Slightly OT: The Wasps v Leicester game yesterday was brilliant. Best game I have seen in a long time.

• Advertisement

daveirl wrote:

Have to agree was the highlight of the HEC so far although just watched Cardiff play Glousuter and it was a good match too.
    Next weekend of rugby will be good then
    Munster Vs Ospreys on the 18th
    .....................................................OH GOD :mad: My christmas party is that night - cr*p.Is it on Setatnta.

I know,i know - i said i would go ages ago and all that,was onto the lads in work and no one realized it in work either, so everyone is gutted.Have to go to the christmas doo.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

daveirl wrote:
    You can download Wasps v Tigers match highlights here (~20MB, r-click and click 'save target as').

thats not workin :(

Advertisement