Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

attic insulation where ?

• 04-12-2004 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

does anyone know where i can get attic insulation from ?!? b and q seem to only have 50mm insulation in and that is was too thin and if i layred it it would cost me a forture. Woodies in glasnevin dont have any either does it seem atlantic have any. Any other places around i can get it in ?!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

go to brooks thomas and get it cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

where abouts are they based ?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Kristok wrote:
    where abouts are they based ?!?
    Sandyford ,naas road,golden pages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

You need a decent thickness of insulation in your attic
    like 8 inches. It really pays off!

Don't waste your time putting in 3 or 4 inches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

its for an attic conversion. It was done years ago and never insulated so after like about 10 years of ice cold mornings in winter im just doing what i can to keep the cold out and the heat in. Most i can get in is 150mm in behind the plaster boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,521 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Make sure you have a vapour barrier on the warm side of the insulation and sufficient ventilation around the timber.

Keep all water services on the warm side also, to prevent freezing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

B&Q Liffet valley,
    partner got some there b4, couldnt believe how cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Carpenter wrote:
    go to brooks thomas and get it cheaper

Or Chadwicks. Really a builders providers is a better bet here compared to a standard DIY (super) store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

the best insulation you can get is the polyurethane stuff, it's distributed at all good hardware merchants.

Thats what i'm using in the house at the moment and its what all new buildings going up are using, the sheets come in different thickness, from 30mm upto 80mm (i think, ages since i bought it) and its 8' x 4' sheets, the same as plasterboard really. Actually you can get plasterboard with it already attached.

back to the point tho, the sheets are really light, really easy to cut, non flammable (supposidly) and a dream to work with. Their the best form of insulation you can get.

Do a google for it polyurethane insulation.

Quinn has a new 12 million euro plant nearly finished for making the stuff in Cavan.

Farlz

Advertisement