Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumers' Section/forum

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Was actually going to suggest this under the wider header of 'Consumers'. Basically a forum to cover everything from legal rights, safe methods of payments, places to seek additional advice or even just most customer friendly places etc.,. Anything you could think of that doesnt fall under other boards.ie heading.
    Placing it under ripoffireland would put a serious choke hold on its expansion and ability to develop. Similiarily a rename of a joint forum could hamper the ripoff ireland considering its lengthy name. Perhap a move away from CAI and let this place develop with its own user base. Personally I think Ioffol is brilliant testamount to how this can work. Who knows, maybe if it becomes successful CAI can come in at a later stage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Sangre,
    I think this could be the way take this idea,the amount of people who are being taken in by scams on the internet etc etc.I also think it could be a place to give praise to company's who are good customer friendly places.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I've made contact with CAI, so let's see how this goes.

damien.m wrote:
    I've made contact with CAI,

Any news from them yet...?

I still think we could go ahead without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Dub13 wrote:
    I still think we could go ahead without them.

Go ahead then. Talked to them again. It was passed up the line. Time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

You might get more joy from Carmel Foley the Director of Consumer Affairs. The CAI makes its bread and butter from its members and does not afaik provide advise to the general public but points them to the above.

Still alot of interest in this.....Were do we stand DeV...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 poneill

This is a dead issue because Boards neither wants it nor has it the expertise available to deal with it (look at politics :) ) .

Try askaboutmoney.com instead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

My offer from earlier in the thread still stands. Obviously some would consider it preferable to have instant access to the Boards membership, but if that isn't going to happen...

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    My offer from earlier in the thread still stands. Obviously some would consider it preferable to have instant access to the Boards membership, but if that isn't going to happen...

adam

Why not...If we cant get a forum on boards we could start one.

• Advertisement

Good news folks....we got a forum at long last.

Consumer Issues

Advertisement