Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsene Oh Arsene ?

• 04-12-2004 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Now I know that us mere nobodies can come out and critiscise Arsenal, but when your manager comes out and says there is a crisis, you have to wonder what he's playin at. Is he tryin to kick his players up the arse and get them back into gear or is he putting more pressure on team whose confidence is quite low.

On a lighter he has Emmanuel Petit training with Arsenal and is considering offering a short term contract.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Willy, there hasn't even been a premiership match played since you opened this thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I do apologise Eirebhoy mate.

Well it looks dyer for Arsene Almunia starts what is he thinking at all. Almunia has never played with the first team defenders, now there is a crisis.

Willem D wrote:
    Almunia has never played with the first team defenders
    You have to start some time I suppose. :)

True I suppose but Lehmann record speaks for it self, hes had his mistakes and wasn't dropped but I suppose its just been too many mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

odd though that he was dropped after the liverpool match where he did nothing wrong really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

And Almunia put in after his atrocious error against United midweek. You have to wonder if the secret in getting into the Arsenal team is to make a fool of yourself first.

On a lighter note, Philipe Sendros has replaced Pascal Cygan on the bench. Hallelujiah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

3-0 Win looks like it worked for the moment *

* fingers & toes crossed. Just eaten some lucky clover, salt thrown over my shoulder and touching the wooden desk !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

You're not supposed to eat the lucky clover! You're supposed to do what Fry does, put it between your ear and your head! :D

On an another note, Henry still looks sturdy in front of goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

sturdy?

ljungberg was fantastic, hopefully he'll be fired up for 2mo and with bergkamp back the creative spark they've been lacking wil be there again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Demeant0r wrote:
    You're not supposed to eat the lucky clover! You're supposed to do what Fry does, put it between your ear and your head! :D

I was wondering why I had the trots !!
    On an another note, Henry still looks sturdy in front of goal.

Henry is good at what he does but we need a goal poacher as well, someone that consistantly gets the messy goals from the 6 yard box that is what is missing in the team at the moment. Oh and a 9mm shell in the back of Cygans head !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

gandalf wrote:
    Oh and a 9mm shell in the back of Cygans head !!!
    In all fairness you would want to make it 2 or 3 to be sure to penetrate that dome of his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Willem D wrote:
    True I suppose but Lehmann record speaks for it self, hes had his mistakes and wasn't dropped but I suppose its just been too many mistakes.

Lehmann is someone i wouldnt have a lot of confidence in regarding communicating with his players!Notice Arsenils definsive setpeace weaknesses!?
    Why not give the other lad a chance ay!Doesnt bother me anyways as long as we catch yas! :D

I thought I'd stick this here as anyone reading this thread would obviously be interested. Good few Irish in the Arsenal reserves (Irish in bold):
    An amazing goal from Anthony Stokes proved decisive as Arsenal Reserves beat Tottenham 2-1 at Barnet FC on Monday.

The home side already led through Patrick Cregg’s 60th minute opener when Kerrea Gilbert sent the 16-year-old Irish striker scurrying towards the corner flag. He kept the ball in play, dodged past Calum Davenport on the byline, muscled his way through Marcel McKie before somehow squeezing his shot past keeper Marton Fulop and into the far corner.

It broke the heart of a Tottenham team who had matched Neil Banfield’s young side most of the way. They gained some consolation when Jamie Slabber charged down a clearance from keeper Chris Wright with seconds remaining. But Arsenal held on to put themselves back into contention for the Premier Reserve League title.

A hearty crowd of 3,500 crammed into Underhill for this always-intense second-string fixture. It made for a crackling atmosphere and the youngsters seemed fired up by the occasion.

Arturo Lupoli should have nodded in Stephen O’Donnell’s far-post free-kick in the 10th minute but otherwise Tottenham had the early chances.

Mark Yeates and Johnny Jackson both fired close from long-range. The latter also nodded wide from Slabber’s free-kick. Dean Marney cracked a couple of thunderbolts over the bar and Jackson forced a fine save from Wright but Edson Silva Sousa could not convert the follow up from an acute angle.

Arsenal still had their moments though, most notably when Danny Karbassiyoon sent a ‘grubber’ shot scuttling wide five minutes before the break.

It had been a frantic first half and the pace dropped after the re-start. In fact the first notable chance was the opener on the hour. Lupoli ended a sweeping move by releasing Cregg just outside the area and the little Irishman twisted one way then the other before thumping home with glee.

Ten minutes later Stokes grabbed that incredible second and nearly added a third soon afterward when he beat the keeper but failed to lift his shot over Davenport on the line.

Despite their pressure, Tottenham had never broken through Arsenal's youthful defence and their best moments come from pot-shots. The closest was in the 82nd minute when Yeates’ drive was palmed up by Wright and bounced off the cross bar before the keeper could smother.

Arsenal were caught in the dying seconds of injury time when Frankie Simek’s back pass fell short and Wright clearance’s rebounded off Slabber and into the net.

It made for an exciting final 30 seconds but did not affect the result.
    BTW, Stokes is 16 and Cregg is 18. They make it out like Cregg is the 16 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Thanks for the eirebhoy. I love hearing about young Irish lads doing well, even at Arsenal or ManU :eek: I was about to give out some rep as thanks, but it seems to be lost or gone or disappeared, on my pc anyway.

Paul McShane is on the bench for the mancs tonight, it'd be nice to see him getting a run

Thanks for the eirebhoy. I love hearing about young Irish lads doing well, even at Arsenal or ManU :eek: I was about to give out some rep as thanks, but it seems to be lost or gone or disappeared, on my pc anyway.
    This should keep you up to date:
    http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=19834&page=1&pp=20

Potter was MOM for Liverpool and O'Donnell scored Arsenal's only goal. Partridge had to pull out of the Liverpool team and was replaced by Warnock. i assume he got injured, again.

Advertisement