Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Buttery

Options
  • 04-12-2004 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I ****ing hate the place. It reminds me of the very thing I do during the day; WORK. I don't know how people enjoy themselves there. The canteen makes it look like a sham.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

I like it, how is it a sham exactly??

It's certainly better than the Pav

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

How is it better than the pav?

just prefer it?

fair enough?

why which do you prefer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I prefer the Pav myself. The bar in the Buttery is passable, but I've never liked the canteen part.

You may be interested to know that when I started back in 97, the bathrooms were where the kitchen is now - kinda explains a lot :-)

What explains the smell at the doors though....?

Chick wrote:
    What explains the smell at the doors though....?

Matt the Jap?

Chick wrote:
    why which do you prefer?

I prefer the pav because you can sit outside. The only problem is its a bit small inside so if its cold or wet the buttery is probably a bit better.

oooh.... low.

• Advertisement

Low. Low but stern. Like the russian police...kinda.

Low? Low??? Low - like Matt?

Hang on - I'm not mean. I take it back :-)

Oh really!?

I used to be as friendly as you could be with Matt. He used to come and visit me when I was in the SU - and I still get a personalised grunt today!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

Ive nothing against the buttery, go there pretty often. But tbh my heart belongs to the pav..I pretty much lived in the place during first year, I have a lot of good memories there :D The pav is definitely better during the summer, when everyone sits out on the pitch..but suppose the buttery is handy in winter when it gets really packed in the pav because noone wants to go out in the cold :rolleyes:
    Hrm actually i really havent been there (the pav that is) often enough this term...note to self: must recify this after xmas!!

personalised grunt? lol is that something to be proud of!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

..note to self: must recify this after xmas!!
    hrmmm can't help but wonder how ur going to merge ur 2 plans of that ^ and doing scholls study after xmas......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Chick wrote:
    personalised grunt? lol is that something to be proud of!?
    Considerin the chap can't talk, yeah!

Listenin to loadsa xmas tunes on VH1 now.. Wham is on now, sorry but as ghey as they were that song is just legend.

Edit: I love christmas..

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

I always found the pav to be nice of a summers day.
    Unfortunetly, you're subject to the 'pav trap', whereby you get a great place on the hill in the warm, but then it gets too cold and inside the pub is feckin packed and you've no chance of a seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

SkyLynx wrote:
    hrmmm can't help but wonder how ur going to merge ur 2 plans of that ^ and doing scholls study after xmas......
    yeah i dont really know either but i can try (which i think is important to do :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

yeah i dont really know either but i can try (which i think is important to do :) )
    trying eh? you miss that episode of the simpsons ?
    Homer to Bart : "Son, you tried your best and failed, the lesson is : never try"

Advertisement