Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What makes you happy?

• 04-12-2004 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd create this thread, with us coming up to Christmas and all. If you're happy with your life right now, post here and tell what it is that makes you happy?

Personally, I'm pretty happy right now, I'm doing a course I love, I have plenty of free time and no job so I can do what I want :) And I have a great family.

So, if you're happy, tell us why!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Neuro

Elessar wrote:
    Personally, I'm pretty happy right now, I'm doing a course I love, I have plenty of free time and no job so I can do what I want :) And I have a great family.
    You jammy bastard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I don't think anyone is 100% happy, I'm happy with work, my house, social life, girlfriend most of the time... had a **** night out last night, so I'm not happy about that. Otherwise it's all good.

John

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm happy. i have to work this evening... which is a drag... other then that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Not happy, final year of college and very very broke and very very busy. Plus, I'm scared at the thought of soul-sucking job when I finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Yeah, i'm generally happy. I've no reason not to be. :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 CJ_Will

Jeeze, why is this area so empty. Oh, that's right I just read the title and again and that explains. :rolleyes:
    Well, I guess I'm happy overall. Can't say I thrilled with my job right now, and sure, I could be doing better (much better) finacially. But I guess it could also be a lot worse.
    How about we change it to "who is satisfied with their life?" Maybe you'd get more responses (positive ones at least). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Hmmm, no one has actually asked that in a long time. I think I'm happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Happy as Larry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭Elessar

Ok I've changed the title, so come on people, tell us what in your life it is that makes you happy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Zombies, ninjas, pirates, and robots. What would have me creaming myself would be some gigantic combination of all four. Possibly with Nazis and lasers thrown in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'm happy. There are a few things I'm working on changing, but I'm happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Being with my loved ones, looking at the stars, seeing children and animals at play, seeing people being nice to one another, doing well at exams, going to concerts, being with my friends, laughing...the smallest things in life are often the most precious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

pardon the cliche but it's all the little things. here's a list

Glass of wine , soaking in bath
    Duvet day
    Kids and Santa
    Other people being happy
    A smile
    "Thank you"
    Old Photos
    Getting home
    Realising I have money left over at end of month :D
    Realising that life is a piece of s*** but I'm doing OK
    Cheese on toast yumm
    etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

my niece, good friends, black and purple things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

seeing these type of threads!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

*fap* *fap*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

im happy because its the weekend , been shopping , love christmas , got a sexy beast and me dinners on too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

Good to see a positive thread like this!

I'm happy with my three kids. They do me proud.
    I love working from home - even if work often has to take precedence over cleaning!
    The views from my house are fantastic
    I've great friends and neighbours
    My social life is on the up and I'm back with my boyfriend and we are happy together

Life is what you make it - mine is busy, full of family and friends, and I still get time to myself when I need it (like long walks on the beach with the dogs when the kids are at school). Nothing is perfect, but being content with your lot in life is the ultimate form of happiness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

If I saw this thread a few days ago I would have said I was very unhappy but I get in those moods sometimes...

Today I'm feeling good...I can't wait to go home at Christmas and spend as much time with my friends and family at home as possible...and my dogs!! I miss them....College is going okay...I'm getting to like living in Maynooth a lot more now...living with 2 really cool girls in a nice house and we have a good laugh....and this week I cheered up a friend that's really down by buying him a Mr T toy (sad but that's our sense of humour)...cheering up friends that are down in the dumps is a really good feeling.

Ah it's nice to have a happy thread like this. Good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

peppermint schnapps
    swings
    singing
    warm laundry
    candy canes!
    music
    loving people
    anarchists
    the nyc subway
    rocking chairs
    guacamole
    trains
    hot showers
    kiwis and raspberries
    dancing
    (...the list goes on...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

The NYC subway? Anarchists?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

playing soccer with my five year old brother makes me happy. coming home from work and having a nap makes me happy. as does watching football on tv in peace and quiet, shouting my head off at cork city games, walking my mums dog, playing football with the lads (only when i win though :) ) watching tv with friends and talking shíte till the early hours, clean socks, waking up before the alarm clock wakes me, waking up and realising i don;t have to do anything for the day (very rare), hearing my favourite song on the radio....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Knowing I'm nearing the mythical 'Day off from both college and work'! I've had 1 day off in 12 weeks.
    Also playing games with my friends, learning new stuff in TKD, getting to sleep until later than 10am, eating good chocolate, the first caffeine in the morning, and knowing you have all your college work done and don't have anything on the long finger (Never happens...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Happy.

Quittin' work on the 18th of this month cos my back is royally f**ked so I'll have Christmas off. Some might be worried cos it means not only is my back f**ked but I'll be broke but we'll see...

...yes... I'm happy.... happy.... so .... very..... happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭mp3guy

well, stuffs pretty good these days, so i'd say i'm happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

i will be happy when i get all these poxy essays out of the way :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

My new house is making me happy today. Finally seem to be living with some really nice people and been having a laugh despite one of the worst hangovers I've experienced in years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

my computer and a cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Pinkchick03

At the moment - not happy - In work (Monday morning and all) but ...

I am happiest at the weekends spending time with my man. Cuddling, kissing and all that!

I like shopping for clothes and finding something that fits and looks well - yeah i know this is sad - but I find it hard to buy clothes that fit or that I like. Put on a bit of weight recently - but refuse blankly to go to the next size up. I am determined to lose the weight. That also is what makes me happy - clothes fitting again that haven't fit in a while - or your clothes feeling loose around the waist - a lovely feeling for every woman ;)

I feel happy eating Indian food (maybe a reason for my weight! - they are so delicious and rich! )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Happiness [for me] is ...
    Waking up next to my g/f
    Seeing my granda smile, alive and well at 82.
    Seeing my mum when I go home (not that often anymore)
    The huge plate of mums cooking awaiting me without fail when I do go home.
    Lounging in front of the fire on christmas day.
    Countless other little things my me happy.

Countless other things make me sad / angry / etc.

Oh what a world!
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I'm pretty happy. All the people I care about most are alive and well. I've got a decent job, I don't have any real money issues, I'm in good health, and most of the time I enjoy myself.

Not having a woman at the moment is also a great excuse to go out a lot. Need to find one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i will be happy when i clear the expenditure that will be xmas and my holiday loan.

however saying that my recent spate of holidays makes me happy,
    my good friends,
    my gaming clan,
    spending time on my computer,
    my days off work,
    listening to my music,
    tea,
    star trek and scrubs
    and how well the mother looks after me

things that make me unhappy?

my suddenly unclear future which until recently enough was all mapped out, the aftermath and fall out of breaking up with my girlfriend and many issues related to it and many other things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

What makes me happy.....

Well i suppose i have a handly job(could do with more money though)
    Have good friends!
    Single, so lots of goin out and just goin mental! :D
    Tea with a j!
    And absolutely wiping the floor with my mates at GT3! :D hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Dataisgod wrote:
    i will be happy when i clear the expenditure that will be xmas and my holiday loan.

however saying that my recent spate of holidays makes me happy,
    my good friends,
    my gaming clan,
    spending time on my computer,
    my days off work,
    listening to my music,
    tea,
    star trek and scrubs
    and how well the mother looks after me

things that make me unhappy?

my suddenly unclear future which until recently enough was all mapped out, the aftermath and fall out of breaking up with my girlfriend and many issues related to it and many other things
    /me pats Data's back

Yes, it all fell apart when you lost the CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I'm finding it more and more these days where i'll just be doing something and stop and think to myself "i'm completely happy right now". Then something else seems to come along and feck it up, but at least I get those moments, hours, days.

The most basic things can make me happy though - like a green room. Just that colour relaxes me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

a nice sp***f and a cup of coffee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Getting a smile form someone I fancy.
    The moment of scoring.
    The fourth pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

/me pats Data's back

Yes, it all fell apart when you lost the CD.

its true

/me breaks down in tears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Was very happy last week till I broke up with my girlfriend; thought it was all finally going right; good job, about to move into my own pad in Dublin City, finally own my own harley, have band projects coming in stream - now not very happy at all...... break up, harley is having problems, job is getting me down, band projects on hold - everything that can go wrong is going wrong including the fact I'm smoking again after being off them over 11 months!!!!

:(

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Chocolate
    Living with my bf (=cuddles every night)
    Emails from my friends
    Giving people presents I know they'll love
    My cat (when he was still alive)
    New clothes (particularly those that make me look skinny)
    Good hair days
    Sunshine
    My trip to New York in April
    Long, drawn-out meals with lots of good food, wine, conversation and friends

God I'm such a girl!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I think we usually get little snippets of happiness everyday. Occasionally a very contented feeling can make you happy. For me it was Saturday evening after the kids soccer team I coach made it through to the SFAI 5th Round.

Advertisement