Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VL Technology and IBB

• 04-12-2004 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about VL BReeze Technology used by IBB ???

Thanks

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I think the only difference is that it uses a different frequency, i.e. 5.8 GHz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

how far can it expand ?? bandwidth ect?

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Its the shizznit. It can go up to about 6mbps (or was it 9mbps). I can't remember what was said. And it is solid as a rock (at least for the moment), and generally it pings at about 7-12ms to boards.ie. It has a range of up to 8km i think. Don't quote me on that though :p

Is the service better than Cable and DSL ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

Do IBB supply a modem with it or does the "magic box" act as a modem??
    Is there NAT in it ??
    Can it be set up with a router ?

Sorry for all the questions but i'm waiting on IBB to come install and you're the guys who've already got it :)

• Advertisement

I got router for it and it works great !! the "modem is in the arial !!" so you plag the lan cable into the router !!

Actually I got a Netgear router and its works a dream !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You do not need a modem as such. You just connect it to your NIC using a RJ45 and configure your TCP settings and you are away. Its like a accessing a highly regulated WAN. I think :/

Thats right !!!! I trying to assess it it the right option to stick with ??

against ADSL and Cable

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Its the shizznit. It can go up to about 6mbps (or was it 9mbps). I can't remember what was said. And it is solid as a rock (at least for the moment), and generally it pings at about 7-12ms to boards.ie. It has a range of up to 8km i think. Don't quote me on that though :p

Thats much better pings than I get on NTL... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

its up to 6megs i was told. I think it is better than ADSL because it is symetrical connection, 1meg up and 1 meg down, as opposed to 1meg down and 256k up

• Advertisement
Advertisement