Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Vs Bourgoin under 10's.. post match reaction

• 04-12-2004 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

What the hell was going on there???

I've never seen such a one-sided game of rugby in my life!!!

What happened to Bourgoin? I know they lost their other game and they are virtually out, but at least try and play or make a tackle for FFS...

Your reaction please....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Absolutely disgraceful game......glad i didnt go stand in the cold and pay to watch that!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

was hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Bourgoin made a mockery out of the HEC this evening. In what is supposed to be the competition of Europes elite, you would think that they would make some effort to play for their pride at least. George Hook said that they havn't played a full team at all in the competition yet. It's a disgrace. Something should be done about this but sadly nothing will be.

As for the match Leinster will be disappointed to have given away three tries against a team like that. The first try they conceeded was a bad one. No cover defence at all. As for the others, well I doubt the concentration levels were on a high and if I had been out there I would have been more interested in getting my name on the scoresheet than defending.

Thought Contepomi had a great game as did BOD, Horgan, Holwell, Miller and Easterby :eek:

Should be a simple enough task over in France unless of course Bourgoin's asses are kicked for the mockery they have made of the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I was going to post a thread with my title as

Leinster to instigate 10 week preseason training camp for kicking tee provider.

Honestly going to leave at half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I stuck it to the bitter end....was bored by 30mins....Bougoin should be thrown out....what's the point of games like that. All my mates left just after ht...i stayed out of prinicple but boy did i just want to leave too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

daveirl wrote:

Its just not in the spirit of the game....i don't think they made a serious effort either in the first 20mins....you could tell the intesity just wasn't there.
    daveirl wrote:
    Well then they should forfeit their place to a team like connacht who would sure as hell love to be in the comp and give it their best shot
    daveirl wrote:
    And that is my major issue with the way they played today....it's not fair on the other teams. this scoreline will **** up the quter final rankings unjustly....

It's not fair on Comptepomi, who wanted to play for Argentina today but instead was forced to remain in ireland for this match...

I can see where you are coming from dave...i just find it irritating that it seems to be the french teams that do this every now and again....they do well in the french championship...qualify for europe...and then play their seconds in it coz they know they can't beat tolouse or stade francais, if they were to make the effort and get out of their groups...suppose i'm just a bit bitter as i've been really looking forward to this game and i feel i've been short changed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

RuggieBear wrote:
    Well then they should forfeit their place to a team like connacht who would sure as hell love to be in the comp and give it their best shot

speaking of Connacht they were also playing a French team last night (Montpellier) and the score was.......................56-3 competitive Rugby my arse .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭DUB

i dont know how the whole thing works, does the erc control the tv money for the tournament? they could give out the money on a group points scored system, that might encourage teams to put in the effort even if they are out of the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

What a disgrace!!!!!!

Advertisement