Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What if....

• 04-12-2004 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

..Just watching a download of Trips' return to Raw in January 2002, my GOD, the whole of MSG goes absolutely nuts. Certainly one of the biggest pops I have ever heard.

Question is this though, if Hunter got injured again and was out for a prolonged period, would people still welcome his return as good as they did back then?

I would like to think yes, as its only internet smarks would are into this HHHating.

What do you reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fans like to see stars return and Triple H is a big star no doubt about it but alot of fans would welcome seeing him get injured.
    Triple H is good for the WWE but like everything in life good things should be in small doses and unfortunately we have Triple H rammed down our throats every week.

Your question could be asked of The Rock also.I'm sure most fans love to see him return even if it's for one show but if he was to return full-time as a face then I'm sure fans would turn on him again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

It wasn't just the return of a big star, It was the return of the most solid wrestler the WWE has had for a long time though his health is beginning to betray him now...It wasn't a normal pop for someone returning it even beat Austins return at Backlash both gave me goose bumps but HHH's really sticks out as a "WOW" moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think Austin's return at No Way Out when he fought Bischoff got the biggest reaction.The only one that could top that would be Bret Hart in my opinion....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I think the Warrior's comeback at WM 8 in '92 was the biggest reaction to a return ever , because it was'nt announced before hand and competely unexpected. Maybe people in the business knew but the general audience sure did'nt.No moles or internet leaker back then!

WWE's policy nowadays of saying in advance when wrestlers are returning so people know in advance and tune in , is good in theory , but i much prefer to be caught totally unawares and just hear someone's music and go "Holy S**t , he's back ! "

Out of the pre announced comebacks , i'd say Austin in 2000 after the "Running over" incident that kept him out for a year , was the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Plus you are forgetting that we were treated to medical updates constantly about HHH, the cameras following him everywhere - strange they didnt do that for Chavo, London, Haas, Benjamin, Benoit, Austin, etc.

The pop HHH got wasnt cause he was missed, it was because WWE force fed the sheep in the audience the idea. In fact it was an angle that the cameras follow HHH around, and interviewing a teary-eyed Stephanie, etc.

Hell Angle had to carry on with a match and an in-match angle with a more severe injury then HHH and his quad (although the quad tear is quite nasty)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Plus you are forgetting that we were treated to medical updates constantly about HHH, the cameras following him everywhere - strange they didnt do that for Chavo, London, Haas, Benjamin, Benoit, Austin, etc.

The pop HHH got wasnt cause he was missed, it was because WWE force fed the sheep in the audience the idea. In fact it was an angle that the cameras follow HHH around, and interviewing a teary-eyed Stephanie, etc.

Hell Angle had to carry on with a match and an in-match angle with a more severe injury then HHH and his quad (although the quad tear is quite nasty)

I think they done a two minute segment showing Angle going into surgury but nothing compared to Helmsley alright.

Plus who could forget Superstar Billy Graham's week by week recovery that WWF documented for about two months in '87 ( followed by a comeback that consisted of one or two terrible matches before he got injured again, became Don Muroco's manager , then buggered off again )

But certainly, a HHH injury is more serious than the famine in Sudan as far as WWE are concerned.

Advertisement