Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New S40

Options
  • 04-12-2004 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

Right - I'm thinking of changing my '02 A3 early next year. I was going to go for a new 1.6FSI A3 with the Ambition (sports) option, but for the same price I could get a fully loaded new S40 and I have to admit, they look quite nice and the interior is a big improvement on the old one. Just wondering if anyone has bought one of them yet.

The other concern with the Volvo is resale, which I suppose won't become clear for another year or so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

this thread has some discussion of the S40.

As I have stated in that thread I haven't been in one but I've seen pictures from reviews etc. of the interior and it does seem to have been nicely modernised. It's a nice looking car on the exterior too, especially in black and with the 17" rims. Personally I'd prefer it to a new A3.

I was talking to a dealer recently and he said there was a three month waiting period at the moment, though that was for the t5 version, and I'd imagine that will clear into the new year. Top Gear expect the residuals to be fairly good because of the restyling and good safety scores.

Advertisement