Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Muck on the roads

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I agree, magpie, Irish roads have ALWAYS been mucky (although they are even worse than usual with all the building works about the country).

My question is -

WHY ARE IRELAND'S ROADS ALWAYS MUCKY ?

Especially when you compare them to NI or UK roads which ALWAYS seem to be relatively clean :confused:

I drove over 50 miles today along the M1, M50, and M7 and I would safely say that I couldn't read the rear number plates of 60% of the vehicles I saw because of muck !

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Silvera wrote:
    WHY ARE IRELAND'S ROADS ALWAYS MUCKY ?
    (a) people don't clean their wheels
    (b) off road vehicles
    (c) people in ribbon housing not having proper driveways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

(a) people don't clean their wheels
    (b) off road vehicles
    (c) people in ribbon housing not having proper driveways

Surely these factors on their own couldn't account for every road in the state being absolutely filthy?

Anything to do with the fact that other countries actually clean their roads? (they also mend potholes, don't leave steel plates in them etc, but that's another discussion for another day).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think alot of it is the nature of the roads, most dont have hard shoulders so wide vehicles tend to churn up the edges and scater lumps of earth along
    the edge of the tarmac which is then broken up and squashed into a slippy layer.

Loads on the back of vehicles are often not covered so crap falls of the back, plant and argicultural vehicles are driven along public roads, none of them are very cleaned first. All building sites should have a couple of powered washers which can blast off the worst of the mud before a vehicle
    goes on the road.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have not washed my car... its black though now its sort of brown.. its crazy.. every day i drive my car and some truck sprays muck everywhere... there are no clean cars in dublin at the moment...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I took mine for the full power wash today (6 euro) and I only did it cos I dont want a build up of damp earth low down!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CharangoHolly

mike65 wrote:
    I took mine for the full power wash today (6 euro) and I only did it cos I dont want a build up of damp earth low down!

Mike.

Yeah good plan, having said that the queues for the car washes in a few garages I passed this evening was unreal!! :eek:

Advertisement