Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best movie soundtrack?

Options
  • 12-05-2001 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭

Well, whats your favourite move soundtrack?

My favourite is the Top Gun soundtrack - really 80's, classics such as Great Balls Of Fire, Dangerzone and You Take My Breath Away wink.gif

Of more recent films, the Phantom Menace one wasn't bad, nor was Godzilla's.

Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham! You just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
    hello.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭syringe

Hackers soundtrack is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

repeated thread alert.

High Fidelity.
    Pi Soundtrack.
    Gladiator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

bah to you all the best score for a movie is by far the good the bad and the ugly , actually listen to it , perfect for the film , gladiator was very good too

Shrewgar!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The thing with these "best of" threads is that it's very difficult to choose just one in most topics... so I usually end up posting a few times with a few suggestions.

In this case...

Gladiator
    Last of the Mohicans
    City of Angels

That'll do... for now smile.gif

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

matrix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Speaking of which...Grab the 2nd Gladiator CD, much better than the 1st imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Conan The Barbarian.

There could never be a better soundtrack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 t-bag

Check out the soundtrack to Superfly, one of those shaft like blacksploitation movies. All by Curtis Mayfield, so real funky choons on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Gladiator
    Music inspired by the Matrix
    Any Star Wars soundtrack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Yup the Matrix sound track is a fair deadly one allright that with the Gladitor and American Pie is ok I suppose as well.

• Advertisement

Err If thats the one with James Earl Jones * and that cookie "MAKO" , oh how i laughed at the little man* Its brilliant I love that main orchestoral piece , truly epic . Its actually a bloody good film . Not an altogether bad book either if i remember

Shrewgar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

Ennio Morricone's Fistful of Dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Bomberman

Mission impossible!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Fight Club.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The Lost Highway, put together by Trent Reznor or the Run Lola Run soundtrack.

Both complement the films really well.

Don't anybody try to suggest the soundtrack to American Pie is good, its all those crappy American "punk" and "ska" bands playing music about as well thought out as the average fart or dick joke smile.gif

Rob.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"There are Britney people and non-Britney people." - Britney Spears
    </font>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Gladiator -2nd cd is definetly much better
    followed closely by Star Trek: First Contact which had some very kewl tunes espcially the opening theme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Jim Daniels

The Straight Story
    The Mission
    Once Upon a Time in America
    A few Dollars More
    Rushmore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Pulp Fiction had a great soundrack, went very well with the film.

Heh For a fistful of dollars is the worst of the three *still very close* For a few dollars more is . of course a close second

Shrewgar!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

The Mission
    2001: A Space Oddyssey
    The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
    Star Wars Trilogy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SH

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan:
    Well, whats your favourite move soundtrack?

My favourite is the Top Gun soundtrack - really 80's, classics such as Great Balls Of Fire, Dangerzone and You Take My Breath Away wink.gif

Of more recent films, the Phantom Menace one wasn't bad, nor was Godzilla's.

</font>

City of Angels
    Cruel Intentions
    Girl Interrupted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Three, off the top of my head:

Oh Brother Where Art Thou
    The Straight Story
    American Beauty

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't own many sound tracks, but the Pulp Fiction one definitly worked very well with the film and the music was great to boot - Tarintino has good musical taste smile.gif

The Matrix one was quite good too - pity all the songs featured weren't in the film.

If you like nu-metal, I believe the Scream 3 soundtrack was the one to get (but none of the songs were in the film).

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

The last thread it was Blade Runner, and it still is.

Redesigned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Wow I only read through this thread fairly quickly but didn't anyone even mention The Crow soundtrack!?!

What is this world coming to?

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Osi you beat me too it. Theres absolutely no doubt - blade runner is the best film soundtrack I've ever heard; a sound track where the music is not bolted on, but tailored for every scene and so amazingly captures the mood and atmosphere. I'm particularly impartial to "tears in rain" and "memories of green".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Klay

The Crow Definately! (Original, not the second one mind..)

I'd stick The Matrix in 2nd and prolly Fight Club or Pulp fiction tied for 3rd. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by darthmise:
    Wow I only read through this thread fairly quickly but didn't anyone even mention The Crow soundtrack!?!

What is this world coming to?
    </font>

I would have mentioned this...

If it wasn't for one thing...

CONAN THE BARBARIAN!

And yeah, it's the one with James Earl Jones.
    Man, that film was some of his best work.

Quality Film , all the others paled in comparison , But the main orchestral track made it. Im going to have to find it on MP3 , I just watched it in German this morning ,taped from last night . Its just as good biggrin.gif .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Yeah i would say the 'The Crow' too, brings back some memories n all smile.gif.
    Platoon's was quite good I thought.Been ages since I listened to it mind....

Advertisement