Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Resident

Options
  • 04-12-2004 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Wondering this for a while now..

Im currently working in Ireland earning Euro (PAYE) for a large International in Dublin..

I'm living North of the boarder and commuting to the Republic as and when is required by my job.

Are there any ways in which I can reduce my TAX outgoings due to my non-resident status ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think you are considered a "frontier worker". You pay your PAYE in ROI, but then make a declaration in the UK. You need to decide where you would pay least tax and try to claim tax residency there (certain tests will apply).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Wondering this for a while now..

Im currently working in Ireland earning Euro (PAYE) for a large International in Dublin..

I'm living North of the boarder and commuting to the Republic as and when is required by my job.

Are there any ways in which I can reduce my TAX outgoings due to my non-resident status ?

Thanks

There's a form for claiming 31750 euros in tax back if your job is outside the state for 90 days of the year (not continuous). Have a look at revenue.ie

Advertisement