Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebay Members, a quick favour please.

• 05-12-2004 9:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I don't want to submit credit card details to ebay just to get somebodys contact info so if somebody could please get me the email address of this guy and PM it to me I would be very grateful.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

eBay don't publish email addresses - all you can do is send them a message via eBay itself. If the recipient replies directly to you, then you can see their real email address.
    (Which is why you should be wary about replying to unsolicited mail receive through eBay -- it lets people build a database of eBay user accounts vs real addresses.)

So, you'll need to create an eBay account in order to do this. It won't cost you anything though, and I don't believe you need to provide a credit card number (at least not on eBay uK, unless it's changed).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

thanks for reply... but what if I was to give somebody who is a member, my email address and then they could send the guy a messege via ebay asking to email me. If this can be done and somebody is willing to do it, please pm me and I will pm you back my email address. I'll check out ebay.co.uk, I'd presume it's the same though.

EDIT: Just check ebay.co.uk, you need to confirm identity with credit card. If an existing member could please do this I would be very grateful, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭samo

you can set up an ebay account without credit card details if you have an ISP email account, eg eircom or IOL AFAIK

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

What's the question, i'll ask him.

Mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Just check ebay.co.uk, you need to confirm identity with credit card.

As someone said, you don't need a CC to register if you use your proper ISP e-mail address. Using hotmail, gmail and other free providers will force the eBay registration system to request them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

I'll ask for ya if ya like!!

thanks, I've PMd both MarkR and Smokey:)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Done. :cool:

Sorted, thanks for all your help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

LIES! If you owe money to ebay or you scam someone, they'll use your credit card details to retreive the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

LIES! If you owe money to ebay or you scam someone, they'll use your credit card details to retreive the money

Wow... imagine that, a company recovering money that it is owed to them from a credit card that is registered!!! WTF is all this 'if you scam' someone nonsense???

If you owe ebay money, it means you are a seller and if you want to sell on ebay, you need to verify your identitiy with a credit card. This does not stop the scamming scum who seem to think that robbing people is OK. Ebay should be verifying your address for sellers through the use of utility bills but this would cause hassle for some people so ebay will not consider a stricter vetting procedure and they accept that a portion of their membership are robbing scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

And if they did ask for a utility bill I imagaine the spas would only accept a US bill. USA USA USA USA USA

Advertisement